Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Drzewiecki Krakow EPKK crashing FS9

Hi. I had the demo version for a while, and there was no problem, but as Drzewiecki software is half price for another two days on SimMarket, I have bought the full version of this and of EPWA,

Very nice scenery, but having tried several times to fly from and to EPKK, I must conclude there is a problem. FS9 is OK for a short time (I managed to taxi to the gate at EPKK, flying from EPWA - which doesn't seem to have any issues), but then FS9 froze and finally 'stopped working'. There was an error came up in a message box too: "Creation failed. Check if sound file is available".

EPKK%20error.jpg

I can't see anything about this when I Google the problem. Anyone else had the same? I saw there is a message on the Drzewiecki website about FS9 crashing at EPKK, but I don't have the software or the file mentioned there..

Thanks,

Martin

Although iv`e never had this type of message after a CTD always it appears to be texture related i may be wrong but that`s my opinion,

good luck finding the culprit!

I  should add that this is a seriously impressive airport! It's at 1/2 price till tomorrow on Simmarket - do take advantage of this (and EPWA). Or if you miss that, this is more than worth the normal asking price!

I have just got into a BMW and explored the area outside the airport. Having just come back from Krakow (my first time), I recognise it all very well! Moreover, with FS Earth on a 2nd. PC, it is clearly all extremely accurately placed too. The 3D road traffic is realistic and the whole scenery has an 'FSX' feel to it: hats off to the developer for making an FS9 version at all, let alone one this good.

Yet to explore EPWA, but I hear it's even better!

I flew from Krakow to Warsaw this morning, and had no problems today with FS programme crashes. Not sure as to why, I ran things the same as yesterday. Well, fingers crossed..

Probably a landclass or texture problem.

Run dxtfixer to check your textures, it could also give you some FPS boost so it is advised to check all of your sceneries and AI aircrafts.

Hmmm.. seems others (posting on the Drzewiecki forum) have the same problems, and with EPWA too. Drzewiecki thinks it's an issue with AES... I guess they are on to it.

But otherwise, yes, LC or textures would be my first target for troubleshooting. I didn't have any problems at the airport this morning, but I'll look into it further as soon as I can anyway and post back.

Thanks.

All three sceneries I have bought from Drzewiecki are crashing FS !! - plenty of people getting similar issues on their forums, so I suppose Drzewiecki are investigating and will provide a fix. I am going to be one very unhappy bunny if they don't!!

DTXfixer reports no problems.

Interesting enough, I installed most of there "freeware" sample airports/scenery a few weeks back and have had NO problems with them.  I'm thinking, then, that it has to be something in the "delta" between the freeware sample and payware versions.  That might narrow it down.

Hi, although not that helpful for you, I can only state that I have all DD payware sceneries except of Miami, and never have experienced crashes with one of them. I have activated AES for all the airports.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

If it were just me I'd be more worried, but as I say, the developer's forums have plenty of people with the same issue. Yes, the demos were fine - the full versions seem to be the problem.

Actually, it seems with EPKK, it is just me! Other people have issues with other Drzewiecki products, which they are working on, but EPKK seems 'clean'. No idea why I have problems. The bitmaps are fine, according to DXTFixer and I used FlightSimManager to check landclass files - I have disabled the one found in the EPKK/scenery folder and need to troubleshoot a bit further...

Sorry but I don't have this scenery just the demo but I had a CTD with a Dublin Scenery ...I managed to track this down to an AI Aircraft that didn't have any Textures , so I deleted it and ive not had a CTD at Dublin since...might be something else to check for you ,

Rich

ugcx_banner.png