Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Windows 10 November Update (1511) is a catastrophe

Dear all,

This week, my Windows 10 auto-updated itself to the newest version (the so called "november update") and I have to say this is a nightmare. It is basically a new version, not an update, and because of this I was forced to reinstall several drivers (soundcard etc.), I was forced to re-activate some addons (FS Global Real Weather) and so on.

BUT the absolutely worst thing: my MadCatz Fly 5 Stick does not work anymore, or at least not properly. As soon as I connect the stick, it works for some seconds to minutes until W10 suddenly decides to deactivate it. I even downloaded the newest W10 driver, does not help. Now it is a completely random play if I plug in the joystick, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Before this ###### November update, I did not have a single issue with this joystick.

Is there any solution available already?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Sorry for not helping much, but I have no problem whatsoever with my x52 after the update, also using the newest drivers from Saitek.

Hi

I have a satiek flight yoke and it does the same thing but as soon as i load fsx or pr3d it turns itself back on and no troubles.

Have you tried running a sim and see if it works.

Regards Ted Kiser

Similar thing happened to me, this update f****d up my graphics driver so I had to reinstall it. If you believe it or not, Win10 simply installed an old (!) driver over the new one, lol MS...

Hi

I have a satiek flight yoke and it does the same thing but as soon as i load fsx or pr3d it turns itself back on and no troubles.

Have you tried running a sim and see if it works.

Regards Ted Kiser

Exactly this. It took me some time to realize that, my bad. As my Saitek Stick has a blue led, I only watched this led as an indication if the stick is properly recognized or not. As soon as I start P3D, the led goes on and the stick works.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

It messed up my Saitek USB Throttle quadrant, too. Before the update they worked fine (except after waking up from sleep mode)

Now, when turning on my PC I have a green led on the quadrant momentarily. After logging in it is gone and the throttles are not usable in P3D or FSX.

I have to unplug and plug them in again to get them to work.

Interesting my Saitek rudder pedals are not affected.

Regards, Perry

I decided to upgrade from Windows 7.  Now I get a usb disconnect tone every few seconds.  Traced this to my PFC yoke.  Very annoying.  Haven't tried to use the controls in the sim yet.  May just go back to Windows 7.

Steve Giblin

Hi the disconnect/reconnect issue may be related to this.I had a similar issue with my thrustmaster mfds when I went W7 to W8,and w10 is even worse-it is to do with enhanced power management on the USB

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900614

hope you sort it

Ashley

Thanks.  Went back to Windows 7 last night however.  I'm sure I'll have to go back to Windows 10 eventually so I'll keep it in mind.

Steve Giblin

Threads like these just make me glad that I ignored the offer of a free upgrade to Windows 10. I don't care if it is free or not. Why rock the boat when it is perfectly stable?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi the disconnect/reconnect issue may be related to this.I had a similar issue with my thrustmaster mfds when I went W7 to W8,and w10 is even worse-it is to do with enhanced power management on the USB

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900614

hope you sort it

Ashley

Thanks, will check it out.

Threads like these just make me glad that I ignored the offer of a free upgrade to Windows 10. I don't care if it is free or not. Why rock the boat when it is perfectly stable?

I am actually pretty happy with W10. What I did not like is that the update changed some settings.

I guess this could happen using any OS.

Regards, Perry

Similar problem here:

Since the update my Saitek yoke and rudder pedals are not recognized by Windows. So I uninstalled the drivers and downloaded new (maybe the same?) drivers from saitek.

Can't install them however. When I'm using the installer I'm supposed to plug in the yoke, but the button to continue stays "unclickable".

Manual installation by extracting the installer or  automatic install by using the "search online for drivers" function yield the same result.

"A driver sofware was found, but an error occured during the installation".

Has anybody got his saitek yoke back to working after the update?

Similar problem here:

Since the update my Saitek yoke and rudder pedals are not recognized by Windows. So I uninstalled the drivers and downloaded new (maybe the same?) drivers from saitek.

Can't install them however. When I'm using the installer I'm supposed to plug in the yoke, but the button to continue stays "unclickable".

Manual installation by extracting the installer or  automatic install by using the "search online for drivers" function yield the same result.

"A driver sofware was found, but an error occured during the installation".

Has anybody got his saitek yoke back to working after the update?

I just recently upgraded from W7 and had the same issue as you regarding Saitek.  The only way I was finally able to get it working properly was to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager (right-click) and re-install afterwards.  Seems to be working fine ever since.

Hope this helps.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Indeed, the same happened here.

I did a full clean install of build 1511 (via the ISO -> flash pen).

My Saitek HOTAS X55 was plugged in all the time.

I could see the light going on and off, on and off, ...

Downloaded W10 X55 drivers only from Saitek.

Removed/Uninstalled both devices via Devices and Printers.

Ran the driver setup and followed on screen process to connect the stick and throttle.

Since then, both are behaving normally.

I really recommend a full clean install of your OS, and install always the latest build. Not the first released build of W10, or you will have the W10 build 1511 upgrade 30 days later via Windows Update.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne