Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Windows 10 November Update (1511) is a catastrophe

Threads like these just make me glad that I ignored the offer of a free upgrade to Windows 10. I don't care if it is free or not. Why rock the boat when it is perfectly stable?

I was of the same opinion originally Chris, then I broke, clicked install and saw my average fps pn same settings with same addons go from 20-25 to 40-45... Dont ask me how, I dont know... I'm still trying to explain it!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I ran into multiple issues with my Saitek controllers (throttle, trim wheel). The controllers kept dropping out, turning on and off, etc. On reboot, one or more would not be functional. Had to run the driver software routine to get the throttles working. That didn't always work. The rudder and my Sidewinder were OK.

Luckily, I created a disk image before the update and was able to go back.

I am going to try the update again. This time I'll go into device manager and uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn of the device to save power' in all Power management tabs in Human Interface Devices and USB Hubs subsections. See if that works. Worst that can happen is I'll have to roll it back again. Will let you all know how I make out.