Sign in to follow this  
KotlaSheetal

Engine N2 values from offset

Hello

I am wondering if somebody can tell me why the PMDG 737 NGX Engine N2 values are available as values from the offsets 0x896 (Engine 1) and 0x092E (Engine 2) only after the engine has ignited. On other aircrafts (even other add-ons) the N2 values are available for the whole duration of the engine spoolup. The same applies to the PMDG 777. Does anybody have a hint?

Thanks a lot,

Sheetal

Do you mean the N2 thrust values? Do you use a throttle lever with throttles 1 & 2

Vernon Howells

Do you mean the N2 thrust values? Do you use a throttle lever with throttles 1 & 2

N2 is not a thrust value, it's an RPM and I don't see how a hardware thrust lever will affect N2 or the values in the offsets.

Hello

I am wondering if somebody can tell me why the PMDG 737 NGX Engine N2 values are available as values from the offsets 0x896 (Engine 1) and 0x092E (Engine 2) only after the engine has ignited. On other aircrafts (even other add-ons) the N2 values are available for the whole duration of the engine spoolup. The same applies to the PMDG 777. Does anybody have a hint?

Thanks a lot,

Sheetal

I've no idea, but it could be to do with the way PMDG model the engine indications outside FSX. Most addons don't do this.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi

Thank you for your answers. Yes, I mean the N2 rotation percentage value. The reason is that I am writing a lua script to automate some actions, and I want to know when the N2 reaches around 21% to activate the fuel switches. It must be related to how the addons handle this internally, the Dodosim Bell 206 has the exact same behavior. I will try to ask the PMDG support directly.

Is it max spin (N2) then flip the fuel lever? Or, N1 up to 2.5 before introducing the fuel?

Thx, 

Capt. Dave

Very interesting thread. I love it.