Sign in to follow this  
WR269

X-Craft Embraer E175 released!

Aircraft was released in the last hour, best of luck to the developer, it looks quite good.

It really looks quite high quality. 

Anyone has some experience with X-Crafts?

On a related note, I don't know if I will ever get over that awful yoke design that Embraer came up with. The most awkward thing I have ever laid my hands on.

The FMS is basically an implementation of default Garmin 430 device so it's not a reflection of the native FMS from the craft.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

The FMS is basically an implementation of default Garmin 430 device so it's not a reflection of the native FMS from the craft.

Plane looks great but ^ ... Bah!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It really looks quite high quality. 

Anyone has some experience with X-Crafts?

X-Craft's first aircraft, the E195, had already a great outside model, but the cockpit model was lacking a bit and not much better than the SSG's E195. It also just had X-Plane's default FMC. The flight behavior was problematic in the first versions, but improved a lot later on.

I don't own the E175 yet, but it looks much better on the screenshots, and the FMC is able to load SIDs and STARs, and seems to allow for easier flight plan editing. The moving map is X-Plane default, so the avionics are a combination of custom and default elements.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Not to be a debbie downer, but if you're going by reviews I'd wait for something more official. The owner of X-Plane.org PAYS the person writing these reviews on a monthly basis. I'm sure they don't tell people this fact for good reason.

I haven't even read this one, but I expect it to be every bit as positive as each other one to stuff the pockets of the person stuffing the reviewers own pockets. ;)

In other words, there's too much bias there. The product may very well be good, and I actually think at some point I'd enjoy to purchase it, but that doesn't take away from the above.

PC Pilot or Computer Pilot, as well as FS Magazin are a bit more authoritative and unbiased.

• Upvote 4

Founder of X-Aviation

Graphically, much, much better than the other E-190, 195 etc... Sounds are better as well. However, this may be a good one for Blue Sky Star to get their hands on.

I didn't spend too much time with her tonight. I noticed that the Nav displays didn't show my route, distance to, TOD information etc.. that I could see anywhere. I realize that the developer had to use some default Xplane stuff in here. I do need to read up on the manuals next. If I do get sufficient time in, i will post my thoughts. With my schedule, I'm sure there are many that will beat me to it. :-)

Best, Jeff

I noticed that the Nav displays didn't show my route, distance to, TOD information etc.. that I could see anywhere. I realize that the developer had to use some default Xplane stuff in here.

Hi Jeff.

From what I've read there is no Vnav capability so that would explain the lack of Toc/Tod. The Fmc will allow a route with Sid/Star procedures to be added and edited using the X-Plane custom data folder which is of course updateable (same as FLightFactor use). This is most welcome but a simulation of an Embraer Fmc it is most definitely not, although to their credit they have tried to emulate the look and feel.

I probably won't be getting this but those who enjoy "lite" aircraft will appreciate the addition of the dep/arr procedures and waypoint editing (not sure yet if you can add airways). Nice looking model though it has to be said, and the price is not excessive. Who knows, in a future Org sale I may pick it up.

The owner of X-Plane.org PAYS the person writing these reviews on a monthly basis. I'm sure they don't tell people this fact for good reason.

Be careful with using conjectures...

Btw. how about marking system requirements on your sites, so we don't need to ask about supported os like Linux etc.

(Not that I'd intend to buy from a site, that I got kicked without notice, after my first post.)

• Upvote 1

Please stay on topic and don't turn this thread into another slanging match. 

• Upvote 1

Mr Sgier (CyberMike for those that don't know),

I realize you have or could have in the future a review here too. There's nothing wrong with that at all, and Mr. Dutton himself (the reviewer) is a great guy! That said, I think it's important people know how the individual reviewing said products is compensated, and, well, in this instance it's by the very store owner who sells the products.

Be careful with using conjectures...

These are no conjectures. I very much so have solid proof, and I'm sure you knew the association too. There's a reason these reviews are directly linked on the org product pages, you know.

But, more importantly, I have it from the reviewer himself how he's compensated. I'm not guessing. I've been told by the man himself when this website was initially started, and by whom.

Btw. how about marking system requirements on your sites, so we don't need to ask about supported os like Linux etc

In due time. Right now we get about 2-3 people asking about Linux every month. I can manage that for now. :)

Anyways, back on topic, and sorry Tony!

I can appreciate this aircraft for what it is, and will most certainly look at obtaining it. There's slim pickings in the E175 market, and even without 100% functionality it looks like a blast to fly, as well as a very well modeled 3D exterior! :) Plus, I'm sure these guys will continue to improve on it based on user feedback. The two guys who developed the product are solid individuals.

• Upvote 2

Founder of X-Aviation