Sign in to follow this  
WR269

X-Craft Embraer E175 released!

Not to be a debbie downer, but if you're going by reviews I'd wait for something more official. The owner of X-Plane.org PAYS the person writing these reviews on a monthly basis. I'm sure they don't tell people this fact for good reason.

I haven't even read this one, but I expect it to be every bit as positive as each other one to stuff the pockets of the person stuffing the reviewers own pockets. ;)

In other words, there's too much bias there. The product may very well be good, and I actually think at some point I'd enjoy to purchase it, but that doesn't take away from the above.

PC Pilot or Computer Pilot, as well as FS Magazin are a bit more authoritative and unbiased.

This ^

I hate to say it but the .org has it figured out, why spend time building study level sims like IXEG when 95 percent of the customers won't notice it. Just have developers pump out pretty looking kind of sort of simulated planes and collect money.

• Upvote 2

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

This ^

I hate to say it but the .org has it figured out, why spend time building study level sims like IXEG when 95 percent of the customers won't notice it. Just have developers pump out pretty looking kind of sort of simulated planes and collect money.

It's not like it's a 'bad' approach though. If, as you said, 95 precent of customers won't even notice the lacking of FMS, it probably means that vast majority doesn't look for such complex and detailed aircraft. To each their own.

Anyhow, on the topic at hand - I obviously couldn't hold myself and bought this plane, and for me it works like a charm. Especially I love how the plane handles on approaches and by hand flying. As for FMS, it has everything I might want or need, so personally I don't consider it as a disadvantage. And lastly, it's an eyecandy  :wub:

pSlPn6x.pngJZ3nLyF.png

• Upvote 1

It's not like it's a 'bad' approach though. If, as you said, 95 precent of customers won't even notice the lacking of FMS, it probably means that vast majority doesn't look for such complex and detailed aircraft. To each their own.

Sure but not if X-Plane developers wish to attract custom from the large majority of airliner simmers who today prefer FSX/P3D for that very reason, and will therefore continue to do so ...

• Upvote 2

Anyhow, on the topic at hand - I obviously couldn't hold myself and bought this plane, and for me it works like a charm. Especially I love how the plane handles on approaches and by hand flying. As for FMS, it has everything I might want or need, so personally I don't consider it as a disadvantage. And lastly, it's an eyecandy  :wub:

Hi does it follow VNAV, LNAV, flight path and lock's on the LOC on the ball and follow glide scope ??

Sure but not if X-Plane developers wish to attract custom from the large majority of airliner simmers who today prefer FSX/P3D for that very reason, and will therefore continue to do so ...

totally agree its about time that x plane gets quality tubes .

this is what x plane is really missing

I have been looking for a good regional jet to compliment the other Heavy Metal in my hanger,

Would those of you who have this say it was worth the purchase?

This would be perfect for my short hops in both North America & Europe :)

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

This ^

OK i love my aircrafts realisitc as possible but atleast i realize that these people like me are a minortiy. It's quite funny when people say we should attract a majority. Let's face it you are attracting a minority and not a majority and while we all like to think that we are pinacle of reference in terms of flightsimming, we account for a minorty. Ironically that minority acccounts for the majority of forum posts and negativity.

To put something in perspective here this was posted by Laminar on their twitter account

CVKBIy9UwAAPCD_.png

50% of all people use the mouse for flying a plane. The Top 3 planes are stock x-plane planes. Three times more people start with engines running and dont enjoy hour long cold and dark procedures.

This is the reality of flight simming.

Now i agree that for me a light airplane is not appealing anymore. However if communicated correctly, which in this case it always has been, it will never be a reason to say the plane is bad or that it will stop the myriads of FSX/P3D hardcore simmers to abandon their ship :)    

• Upvote 2

Now i agree that for me a light airplane is not appealing anymore. However if communicated correctly, which in this case it always has been, it will never be a reason to say the plane is bad or that it will stop the myriads of FSX/P3D hardcore simmers to abandon their ship :)

The majority of the participating community are heavy airliner fliers. Those stats do not tell the whole story when it comes to the market, which is a very important factor here. It would shock you to also know how many of those folks know nothing of forums or add-ons.

Founder of X-Aviation

OK i love my aircrafts realisitc as possible but atleast i realize that these people like me are a minortiy. It's quite funny when people say we should attract a majority. Let's face it you are attracting a minority and not a majority and while we all like to think that we are pinacle of reference in terms of flightsimming, we account for a minorty. Ironically that minority acccounts for the majority of forum posts and negativity.

My point was the majority of hardcore airliner simmers currently favour FSX/P3D largely because of the fidelity of the add-ons available for that platform, not the public as a whole.

I think we are getting offtopic but if I may say something. A lot of people have tried or are trying out X-Plane the last year or so having moved or sharing their time with other sims be it FSX or P3D. The latter two have more than 10 years of development time behind them and a much larger user base so obviously add-ons have been getting better in these two sims. Bear in mind that X-Plane is still evolving and with more followers and more dev support it will get better. I am also one of those who want PMDG style FMC's and system modeling but I also realize this can take a bit more time, it will come eventually we have to be more patient.

Having said that I think that the current dev's will not just be able to get away with a nice shiny model and fancy passenger cabin the systems modeling is going to become a necessity for them to sell their wares so it should all work out in the end.

Lastly on topic :)

To this end I think the X-Craft E175 is great value for money for those wanting a simple and very useable regional jet.

• Upvote 3

Hi does it follow VNAV, LNAV, flight path and lock's on the LOC on the ball and follow glide scope ??

I am almost positive it does follow VNAV, as for the rest - I didn't have time to test it.

Plane comes with ~38 pages long instruction for FMS alone and 60-something pages long manual for the aircraft.

I think I could send those to the interested people. 

As for complexity+quality vs price ratio, I think this plane is quite worth the money, especially for someone who, like me, looked for some good regional jet as an addition to their fleet. 

The majority of the participating community are heavy airliner fliers. Those stats do not tell the whole story when it comes to the market, which is a very important factor here. It would shock you to also know how many of those folks know nothing of forums or add-ons.

Yeah exactly. The reason those stats differ so much from our own preceived reality, is that in order to look for a simulator forum on the internet you have to reach a certrain threshold in "serious simming".  Thats why people on the forums have skewed perception on the market and dont see sales figures.  It's actually my belief why dovetails new flightsim will be a huge success.

My point was the majority of hardcore airliner simmers currently favour FSX/P3D largely because of the fidelity of the add-ons available for that platform, not the public as a whole.

Which is exactly the point why this plane was never marketed as study sim for the hardcore airliner simmer but a regional jet with a custom fmc. ;) Thats why i dont get the fuss about it.

• Upvote 3

I agree that, while interesting, I don't think the LR Twitter poll is a representative sample of the whole simming community.  Many of us old guys don't "tweet" and I would guess those who spend hours working through checklists, planning complex flights and working online with VATSIM and the commercial rigs don't spend much time on social media where more of the "kids" lurk.

Second, the lack of a complex FMC for X-Plane speaks to the immense complexity involved in writing code for one of the monsters.  If it were easy, we would have several examples from the likes of SSG, FF, even LR itself.  Patience is a virtue.  Remember that initially, X-Plane was developed to simulate GA aircraft for Austin's personal use.  The basic code and crude ATC system may be a stumbling block to creating a realistic FMC.  Add to that the probability that XP10.5 or XP11 may be a complete re-write of the ATC system, and you have some real issues expecting commercial programmers to spend time working on a product that may well be obsolete as soon as it's finished.  I'm sure there are things going on that we don't know.

• Upvote 1

Thats why i dont get the fuss about it.

No fuss, just an exchange of viewpoints. ;)

At the end of the day, people will vote with their wallets.

I agree that, while interesting, I don't think the LR Twitter poll is a representative sample of the whole simming community.  Many of us old guys don't "tweet" and I would guess those who spend hours working through checklists, planning complex flights and working online with VATSIM and the commercial rigs don't spend much time on social media where more of the "kids" lurk.

you do realize that data is pulled from the anonymous data you send to x-plane they implemented in 10.35 or so ?  So this data is pulled from about 1.3 million flights if you add up the data in that picture. so it is a representative of all population of users not only the social media kiddies ;)

• Upvote 1

Yeah exactly. The reason those stats differ so much from our own preceived reality, is that in order to look for a simulator forum on the internet you have to reach a certrain threshold in "serious simming".  Thats why people on the forums have skewed perception on the market and dont see sales figures.  It's actually my belief why dovetails new flightsim will be a huge success.

I think you are clearly missing my point. In reality, it is these "serious simmers" that dictate the add-on market demand. Non-serious simmers (which are included in these stats) mean nothing to the marketplace. As such, if someone says heavies/airliners are more popular, then technically, they are correct given the pool of people that actually PURCHASE add-ons.

Forum user perception is not skewed from a marketplace standpoint. Folks are vocal, and I have the stats as a publisher to back it up. Airliners, especially those with simulated systems, win the sales numbers game with zero question.

Founder of X-Aviation