Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

REALLY GOOD - But, GPS Request

Guest BeaverDriver

Man, this airplane is really coming together beautifully!! Just did a fantastic trip from Redding, CA to Calgary/Springbank and what a super flight. Man I like this airplane.

BUT (there always has to be a "but", right :Tounge: ?), I've asked about this before but not had any response from FSW. I'll try again. PULLEEEEESE can you take out the dimming of the GTN when it gets dark!!! PLEASE (note hint of desperation here :P ). Have a gander below at my panel as I prep the aircraft for a dawn flight:

NC02.jpg

Like, how do you read that (and if you tell me you can, would you be willing to donate your eyes to me? Yeah, didn't think so :blush: ). I theory it's a really cool idea, and kudos for thinking outside the envelope. But some things just don't translate well into FSX and computers, and I'm afraid this is one of those things. Now I know a number of people have found a fix for this (that should tell you something ;) ), but for whatever reason, it's not working on my system. About all I can do is get really, really close to my screen and squint a lot, which is giving me a headache because I keep nailing my monitor with my noggin in the process :blink: . So, would it be at all possible to take this option out (hopefully before I give myself a concussion :wink: ) please? Now, if a gazillion people respond to this thread saying they all want it left in, then better go with that, but I have a feeling a lot of people would like to see it out. Hopefully...

Many thanks, and really nice work on the airplane!

NC06.jpg

Let me get with Mark on this. I too have the same issue. It's even hard to read in the daytime without popping it out.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I would say, not exactly "remove" the dimming effect, but may be, give an opcion to modify it on the GTN750....  an option to manually change it(More or less bright), because, for visual purposes(Pictures, etc), a very bright GTN will look  very strange if removed completely....

Happy Flying...

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Guest BeaverDriver

Thanks Matt. Appreciate that.

Raphael, there is an adjustment within the GTN to adjust brightness but it's being overridden by the code in the Lear. It wouldn't look strange at all if it was defaulted to full brightness. In real life the pilot has full control over the brightness and they are often left in a bright position including at night. I would say to try and add a dimmer to this unit is only inviting a problem with OOM's and poorer frame rates, which we don't have a problem with since the updates.

Same here, I would love this to be looked at so we can have a brighter GTN in the Lear.. really enjoying this plane otherwise!

John

+1 on the GTN brightness.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Raphael, there is an adjustment within the GTN to adjust brightness

Thanks, nice information.  Good to make it work for dimming purposes...  :smile:

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

you can also look @ the INI file in your aircraft folder, there is an option for brightness (just in case you dont want to go through the flight1 tool)

John.

Guest BeaverDriver

Yep. Tried that. It didn't work, but thanks anyway 757FO.

Matt, have you noticed as well that sounds (mainly click sounds - don't know about the TAWS yet) are also missing? Seems like there is some code that's overwriting a number of parts of this gauge if I'm not mistaken. Have a look (it's not all the time but I don't get the initial Terrain Test and some click sounds for sure).