Sign in to follow this  
red259

windows 10 upgrade

I have fsx (I also have steam but haven't switched over to it) and a number of addons PMG, majestic dash 8, rex soft clouds and textures, ASN, proatc, fs2crew, various addon airports etc. I have been using windows 7, but am thinking about upgrading to windows 10. Are all the various addons now working with windows 10 or will upgrading create a problem? Has upgrading improved simulator performance for anyone? I have been holding off on upgrading so that I didn't break anything but its been awhile now. Thanks

I just went over to Win10 with an FSX install that was commenced when Acceleration hit the scene and hasn't been taken down since. I had no problems with the transition although my add on mix is slightly different to yours. Keep in mind that you can always revert back to Win 7. I don't know the details but from what I gather Win10 will allow users to revert to Win7 for up to 3 months after the Win10 upgrade. Of course if take a complete system backup before upgrading you can rest easy because a return yo Win7 is always possible.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I am not aware of any add ons that will not work under Windows 10. Is it better than W7? In my opinion most definitely. Does it make FSX run better, probably not, although My sim has been extremely stable since the upgrade. Win 10 does have better memory management and this might help with those VAS issues so many people have.

Of course, if you really want the best setup, upgrade to activate W10 then format and install a clean copy of W10 by downloading the installer from Microsoft. I know it is a huge mission to get the sim back to where it was, but in the long run, worth the effort, but not essential.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor