Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Can't Start P3D V3.0-Windows 10 RESET Function

I get an error every time I try to start P3D v3.0. Tried various "cleaning solutions", etc. I believe I need to reinstall Framework 4.6. However there is no clear step-by-step for that using Windows 10. Since parts of Frameworks are moved to the operating system with each release and a "non-Windows 10 specific" process may be a disaster.

I see in Windows 10 there is a function called RESET that reloads Windows 10 and retains all "personal files". It claims to remove "apps and settings". That is a very broad statement considering the implications. Has anyone had any experience with this process especially regards P3D or FSX?

I always thought that APPS were the tiny programs you put on your phone or tablet. Has that been broadened to include things like P3D?

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi,

I am indeed under the impression "Apps" has been broadened by Mr. Microsoft to include pretty much anything executible running on a Win 10 system (including supposedly FSX/P3D). Pretty confusing, but that's just MS who want to squeeze the phone and the PC into one concept.

I would be a bit hesitant to try this reset function.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Indeed I m hesitating. I have ordered an external disk and will move my files to it along with P3D and ORBX. I already moved all my files I have downloaded to the Cloud. anong with backups I have been doing for critical financial and similar items. Encrypted, of course but that is more of a joke then a strategy. But, it sounds good.Then I will do a "reset". The discussions I have seen are more toward process than effect. So, I guess that Ill will have to find out for myself.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Before doing any of that delete prepar3d.cfg and disable any add ons in dll.xml and exe.xml. At least then you will know if there is an issue with default p3d.

If it still doesn't work then look at other causes/solutions.

Chris