Sign in to follow this  
geeksnrobots

TCAS showing random aircraft

Hello everyone,

I have recently had a lot of problems with my PMDG products (737-800/900 + 777-200LR).

My TCAS starts indicating random planes on my display, even though there is nobody. This can go from a single aircraft, to a swarm of 10. This is specially annoying during a short final, in an already crowded airport (so when I get a warning "CAUTION TRAFFIC", I can't know if it's an actual aircraft or not). To my experience, it only happens in TA/RA and TA only

Until now, I would just turn off the transponder, but this is not a solution I would like to continue using.

Thank you, Martijn

To my experience, it only happens in TA/RA and TA only

Of course it is. That's the only mode that would warn you of traffic (TA/RA is "traffic advisory/resolution advisory," and TA is simply "traffic advisory").

Are you using an add-on airport? Some of those have ground objects that, due to the way they've coded them, will show up as traffic that will set the TCAS off.

Kyle Rodgers

Are you using an add-on airport?

In Geneva, yes. But I also have the problem when I'm flying at Zürich or Schiphol (both of which I don't own any addons)

In Geneva, yes. But I also have the problem when I'm flying at Zürich or Schiphol (both of which I don't own any addons)

Full names - first and last - in the forum.

Do you use GSX?

Kyle Rodgers

I'm pretty sure default FSX airport vehicles will show up as traffic.

Really? I thought it was only the GSX vehicles, but I've just about never used the default stuff.

Kyle Rodgers

Do you use GSX?

Yes, but when flying at FL330, I don't believe that they should cause any problems. Additionally, I have GSX longer than I own 737NGX, and in the 2 years that they have worked together, this is the first time I have such problems.

I'm pretty sure default FSX airport vehicles will show up as traffic.

I have all FSX AI traffic turned off...

Martijn Sassen

Yes, but when flying at FL330, I don't believe that they should cause any problems. Additionally, I have GSX longer than I own 737NGX, and in the 2 years that they have worked together, this is the first time I have such problems.

In theory, they shouldn't, but I bet if you disable GSX, the problem would go away. That's not to say they have a bad product, but it's a quirk I've certainly taken notice of.

Kyle Rodgers

I only have default scenery, and all ground traffic on - non-airplanes do not show up as airplanes.