Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Questions about the 737 NGX

I am thinking of buying the 737 NGX and, from what I have read on multiple forums, this seems to be the airliner to get. But I have a few questions.

I currently have the Aerosoft bus and love it so I would like to know from those that have both the bus and the 737 are they comparable in quality and fun? By fun I mean can you set up the 737 to have a co-pilot do most of the minor work such as baro, frequency, flaps, trim, and other things like the bus does? I assume FS2Crew would do this?

Also is the cockpit graphics equal to the bus and up to 2015 standards? Are all the interior cockpit lights variable and produce a smooth look and not a rainbow or badly textured  look like the Ifly 747 I just tried. 

And anything that you think would help me to spend 90 bucks on a virtual airplane would help.

Thanks,

paul

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I am thinking of buying the 737 NGX and, from what I have read on multiple forums, this seems to be the airliner to get. But I have a few questions.

I currently have the Aerosoft bus and love it so I would like to know from those that have both the bus and the 737 are they comparable in quality and fun? By fun I mean can you set up the 737 to have a co-pilot do most of the minor work such as baro, frequency, flaps, trim, and other things like the bus does? I assume FS2Crew would do this?

Also is the cockpit graphics equal to the bus and up to 2015 standards? Are all the interior cockpit lights variable and produce a smooth look and not a rainbow or badly textured  look like the Ifly 747 I just tried. 

And anything that you think would help me to spend 90 bucks on a virtual airplane would help.

Thanks,

paul

The PMDG 737NGX is superior to the Aerosoft Airbus products in every way.    The Airbuses are good but the 737NGX takes it to the highest level of realism.   This is a full on Study Sim.   Everything pretty much works as it does in the real aircraft.   The virtual cockpit is pretty spot on and the night lighting is excellent.   Hundreds of liveries are available both from the AVSIM library and PMDG's own built Operations Center that comes with the NGX.   Keep your FMC Navigation date up to date using NAVIGRAPH AIRAC cycles.    

FS2Crew's NGX Reboot is an amazing product to have with the NGX to put the cherry on top.   You will get 3 SOP's to choose from which covers a vast majority of major airline's operating procedures.   It is exactly what you are looking for in a FO simulation.

Seriously, if you bought only one commercial airliner simulation this is the one to get.   You will not be disappointed.    I fly for Southwest Virtual which uses the 737 exclusively and a majority of us use the NGX in our operations.   Get it!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks but are you saying FS2Crew will manage some systems and procedures like the Aerosoft bus does?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul

Fs2crew for the ngx does everything plus than the Airbus version does

Friend, I have spent a lot on addons that delivered buyers regret, but if you took my NGX you might as well take my sim. I would rebuy that one several times if I had to.  

Vic green

So what are the frame rates with the 737 versus the Aerosoft Airbus, I think many people are interested in this comparison?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes I would also like to know that answer. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I love the bus. Great aircraft but its not as involved. That is by design. The NGX is a step or 2 above. I get better FPS with the NGX than the bus. Not big difference.If I had to choose only one it would be the NGX. BTW just did a flight in the bus a few minutes ago.

Richie Walsh

I can run the NGX in MOST (not all) scenarios with 30 FPS locked in the Virtual Cockpit.    AI traffic can make this number start to creep to the mid 20's but that is not PMDG's fault.     If your PC is properly configured and your FSX/P3D is not full of ridiculous settings your hardware has no hope of processing then you can get 30-40 FPS in the VC and 60 FPS externally.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks, what kind of system are you running?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The NG runs at the same or a bit  better than the Bus, so what system some one has does not matter what ever FPS your getting you will get with the NG.

I have to disagree with the NG being 1-2 steps better, imo its a totally different lever. I use the Bus for BAv and its a nice change but nothing more. I use FS2Crew with both. The bus to me fails the second you see the FO is just a mirror of the Captain side. In the NG you normally would have Ground on the FO and WXR on the Captains side. The Bus is targeted at a different lever. With the bus the in sim FO and Captain flows both turned on makes it a toy, just the FO is better .The NG is the top of its class along with FS2Crew's NGX Reboot

The NG is the very best we sim'ers can buy along with the PMDG 777 and the Q400. 

FS2Crew's NGX Reboot will do the FO jobs (not yours aswell)but and its a BIG but SOP1 the FO does most things SOP3 you do most of the work, so dont do SOP3 untill your ready. 

If you want to fly as close as you can to "real" within the sim then buy it. There are only two other aircraft at that level as I said above. The NG is not like the Airbus and does not fly like one. 

​Brain summed everything up well.

One last thing, in my sig below are flows you might want to have a look at them.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Removed a couple posts and wanted to make note of it here.

• One was removed because it was not signed in accordance with the forum rule.
  • Others were removed because they bordered on speaking poorly about a competitor. While we appreciate support, and do welcome feedback on our own products, please avoid criticizing others here. The posts here weren't too overly critical - in this case, simply pointed out perceived flaws - but I didn't want this to turn into an Airbus versus Boeing (us vs them) flamewar, if you will.

Kyle Rodgers

Well you can remove my post but the facts still remain. Just make sure your Queen does not have those night texture flaws and I will be more than happy. As a texture artist I am picky on how night textures and lights look so shoddy work such as I pictured is not acceptable..

Ok now delete my post as you seem to love doing it. 

The NG runs at the same or a bit  better than the Bus, so what system some one has does not matter what ever FPS your getting you will get with the NG.

I have to disagree with the NG being 1-2 steps better, imo its a totally different lever. I use the Bus for BAv and its a nice change but nothing more. I use FS2Crew with both. The bus to me fails the second you see the FO is just a mirror of the Captain side. In the NG you normally would have Ground on the FO and WXR on the Captains side. The Bus is targeted at a different lever. With the bus the in sim FO and Captain flows both turned on makes it a toy, just the FO is better .The NG is the top of its class along with FS2Crew's NGX Reboot

The NG is the very best we sim'ers can buy along with the PMDG 777 and the Q400. 

FS2Crew's NGX Reboot will do the FO jobs (not yours aswell)but and its a BIG but SOP1 the FO does most things SOP3 you do most of the work, so dont do SOP3 untill your ready. 

If you want to fly as close as you can to "real" within the sim then buy it. There are only two other aircraft at that level as I said above. The NG is not like the Airbus and does not fly like one. 

​Brain summed everything up well.

One last thing, in my sig below are flows you might want to have a look at them.

Sorry you think it is a toy but I am having a lot of fun with that "toy". If I wanted real I would go up in my buddies Cessna that makes all of this sim look like a toy. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well you can remove my post but the facts still remain. Just make sure your Queen does not have those night texture flaws and I will be more than happy. As a texture artist I am picky on how night textures and lights look so shoddy work such as I pictured is not acceptable..

Ok now delete my post as you seem to love doing it. 

If previous posts disappeared, then they must've had reasons to disappear. Mod actions are final, and not to be discussed. The passive aggressive tone about enforcement is neither appreciated, nor tolerated. The simple solution is to follow the rules. This one was a little more complex and not a clear violation of the rules, which is why I added the note about why it was removed.

Kyle Rodgers

Can't add much to what has already been said; the PMDG is, by far, a more immersive flying experience than the Aerosoft Airbus.  I'm not a real life pilot so I can't speak on the realism of each plane.  However, I would say that the PMDG just feels and plays like a more realistic simulator.  IMHO I think the Aerosoft is considerably easier to set-up and get going than the PMDG which does two things:  1) Airbus is my commercial jet of choice when I just want to get up in the air for quick flight.  2) PMDG feels more realistic than anything else on the market because it takes more preparation and pre/in-flight planning (at least to do it right).  

Airbus is more "fun" to fly while the PMDG is a more "realistic" sim.  Because of those truths, both are MUST HAVES in a commercial flyers hanger.  Both are worth the $$$