Sign in to follow this  
Topher

GTN 750 Integration/Questions

Hello All  :hi:

So I am mainly a GA pilot, but i am fed up of the standard FSX GPS systems and I am looking at purchasing Flight 1's GTN 750 GPS, it looks incredible.

I do have a few questions though,

- How easy is it to integrate into the Navajo?

- Can it also be integrated into the Pilatus PC 12?

- Are there any adverse effects in Carenado aircraft when the GTN is used?

Thanks for any advice 

For integration in the VC, just run the F1GTN750PA31310.exe

(..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PA31-310 Navajo)

About the PC12 I don't know.

The 2D version can be added using the GNS installer I think, but then you do not see it in the VC.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

It does not fit into the PC12 all that well.. as the panel is modeled to accommodate a GNS gauge.

You can use it in many other airplanes, however,...

RealAir Turbine Duke V2   (and soon Legacy as well)

a2a Cherokee, C182, Comanche

Milviz C310, B55

Carenado F406, and with my mods TBM850, Citation, Hawker, Phenom 300.

Bert

Hello All  :hi:

So I am mainly a GA pilot, but i am fed up of the standard FSX GPS systems and I am looking at purchasing Flight 1's GTN 750 GPS, it looks incredible.

I do have a few questions though,

- Can it also be integrated into the Pilatus PC 12?

- Are there any adverse effects in Carenado aircraft when the GTN is used?

Thanks for any advice 

I bought it earlier today. Integration was pretty easy: you want to use the integration file in the sim objects carenado navajo folder to integrate it into the panel. The only problem I had was getting the GTN 750 to find the trainer folder. I had downloaded the trainer from Garmin earlier and had been doing some preparatory studying. When the Flight1 installer prompted me to download the trainer, I passed since I knew I had already downloaded it (it's a pretty big file). However, I couldn't get the GTN to find the trainer, even though I pointed it to the folder when I had downloaded it. So I re-installed the GTN and downloaded the trainer again when prompted, and this time it worked.

The panel integration looks very good, however I find myself using the F7 popup version often as the larger format displays the map and charts more clearly.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

There is also a user created mod for the Carenado Cessna C340.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I just realised that the GPS only supports navdata upgrades from Garmin.

That may be a deal breaker as they are ridiculously expensive for sim use.

How accurate is the data that Gomes with the GTN?

The GTN Trainer comes with a 2015 database, so that is a good start.

If you know some RW pilots, you may well be able to get a copy of recently expired navdata

to update your database over time.

I tend to update the navdata annually for my personal use.

If you somehow need monthly updates a la Navigraph.. that is indeed not practical..  :wink:

Bert

Thanks Bert for the info regarding the navdata. I too was wondering about its updateability. So I would think that having NavDataPro's AIRAC 15 12 R1 installed and not updating the data should prevent, for the most part, incompatibilities.

JJ

Oh that's good I didn't realise the database was as recent as 2015, I heard somewhere that it was 2011 data that comes with it?

Also is there any fps/performance loss with the GTN?

Garmin updated their GTN trainer a while back, for which F1 GTN basically got a free database update as they are in fact an interface to integrate said trainer into FSX. Performance loss with GTN is tolerable on the scale of about 5fps on my mid-line setup, from high 20s to mid-low 20s onboard A2A aircrafts with fair weather and scenery addons.

Of the database themselves...Guess only the few that actually own or share an actual GTN-equipped aircraft and kept an up-to-date database could do much about it, as the price of one relatively complete set of such updates usually exceeded the rest of the average simulator setup combined, including hardware.

Thanks for the reply,

I just want to be sure of performance before I buy

I am running an

i5 4670k 4.2GHz

2GB GTX 770

8GB Hyper X Beast RAM 2400MHz

Can anyone hazard a guess on what drop I can expect on my system?

I am running a similar performance system (i7 4790k @ 4.0Ghz, 4GB GTX 970) and don't think I have seen any noticeable performance degradation.

Generally it's a very impressive system. My only disappointment is that there are no charts available for Europe. I knew this before I bought it, but it is a big drawback if you are mostly flying in Europe (I live in UK).

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

One note about the updated GTN trainer, and others please confirm. After the update if you hold down the Home button long enough to return to the map, you will get an alert message indicating your Home button is stuck. I wrote Flight 1 about it and they confirmed it was an issue in the updated trainer.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

To be precise, it appears that charts are only available for US airports. No charts for Canada either, or for anywhere else in the world. Just the US.

Just found that out on approach into Calgary Springbank...guess a tablet turned EFB is still necessary! Or maybe charts on another screen.