Sign in to follow this  
PFPulse

Indexer and Panel install for Steam DLC Planes

Hey guys,

So after trying out the demo and loving it I picked up the full version of voxatc. One thing that I did notice is that it doesn't seem like the indexer scans the \fsx\DLC folder that Steam uses for all the dlc things you buy from them. So any of the planes I have in there do not show up to install the panel. (I have run the indexer several times to just be sure as well)

Outside of manually editing the configs does anyone know a way to get the indexer to find those planes?

I'd like to avoid having to move the files or manually edit anything if I can help it since everything else is working great.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Well PFP...

I guess you and I are the only ones using VOX, still.  I have not had any success finding an answer elsewhere and the editing method you describe does not work for me at all . VOX works fine for default FSX-SE aircraft but not at all for DLC even when lines are edited in.  I get an error for an unknown aircraft type.  if you have found any other files that need editing, please post that information here.  Thanks!

Ok, this has been a pretty dead thread, but just wanted to jump back in and say I think I figured this out.

What I did was open an Admin Command prompt in windows and use the mklink command to create a directory link to the DLC folder. This creates a link in the main SimObjects/Airplanes folder that allows the indexer to see the Steam DLC planes as if they were in that folder.

So create the Link, run the indexer, run the panel installer, delete the link.

The only caveat and I'm not sure its even related is I'm now getting a FSinsider.dll error now on launch. But think that is a separate issue that popped up at a similar time. 

Here is the specific command:

mklink /D [link path] [target path]

so for example:

mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\E175\" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\364324\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC E175"

Be sure after you run the panel installer, you delete those shortcuts in the normal simobjects folder as FSX will complain about having two of the same aircraft installed with the same name since it is looking in both places.