Sign in to follow this  
j35

Checklists G1000 vs GTN 750

Hello

I have the GTN 750 Mod installed ...  with help from Bert. It works fine.

Can one still use the G1000 MFD for going through the various checklists and for looking at the different systems displays and then open the GTN 750 for the navigation process and flight plan installation or does switching between the too ( GTN 750...G1000 ) cause problems?

Thanks for any help

Jack

You can do that.. just do not use g1000 for navigation in that airplane.

Bert

Thanks Bert. I was a little uncertain because twice when trying to do so I have had computer problems develop...

First time the display screen of the MFD went completely black and I was unable to use any of it's features.

Tonight after a long flight using the GTN 750, after landing when I tried to use the Prodigy MFD to check some systems, but not use it for navigation, my windows menues stopped displaying correctly. They had the characters/letters shown as solid, irregular blocks, so you could not read them. For example if you right clicked on the screen to see the dropdown menue.

Any ideas

Jack

Not sure you can intermingle the GTN and G1000.

I have not tried it... but I had hoped you could check the MFD at the beginning

to check out the systems, without trouble.

If it causes difficulties, maybe not.. If it causes systems problems for you,

I guess the answer is, regrettably, no.. 

Bert

When I get a chance I will try it a few more times to see if it is or is not a problem or if it was just an unrelated problem with my computer that happened while switching between the two software systems.

I will post my results.

Thanks Bert

Jack

Well things seem to be working ok now. I have tried a few flights and switching between the the two systems and things work fine. Hopefully it was just a couple computer glitches that caused my original problems.