Sign in to follow this  
TurboTomato

v3.0 with Windows 10 and Nvidia DSR

Does anyone have the above combo working?

I tried moving to W10 over the weekend, and ended up with a totally clean install on my HDD. However, I used DSR in W7 (x4.0) and wanted to use it in W10 as well but it doesn't seem to work - the mouse cursor enlarges but that's about it. I have tried restarting P3D and going between full screen and windowed but to no avail.

Any suggestions before I pull the plug on the great W10 experiment and go back to W7?

Works fine for me. Did you remember to change the in-game resolution to match the new DSR setting?

1 -Click your right mouse button on the desktop.

2 - Click on Display Settings.

3 - Look for the option "Change the size of the text...". It could be 200%. If so, change to 100%.

Now you are ok to go with DSR working right.

Works fine for me. Did you remember to change the in-game resolution to match the new DSR setting?

Yes, I have done that.

1 -Click your right mouse button on the desktop.

2 - Click on Display Settings.

3 - Look for the option "Change the size of the text...". It could be 200%. If so, change to 100%.

Now you are ok to go with DSR working right.

I recall seeing that mentioned when I was looking for solutions yesterday, and checked - it was at 100%.

This is intriguing though, the fact that it is working for you guys in W10.

Sorry to hijack, but I've experimented with DSR and I love the performance of not having to use SGSS with it but I get this annoying fuzziness/blurriness even with DSR smoothing at 0. Does anyone else not experience this? for me it makes it unbearable as it messes my eyes up. This is on a 27" monitor (1920x1080) using 4X dsr which I believe turns it to 4k resolution.

I recall seeing that mentioned when I was looking for solutions yesterday, and checked - it was at 100%.

This is intriguing though, the fact that it is working for you guys in W10.

The Symptoms you discribed are caused by that. In that case, I really don´t know What is happening.

Sorry to hijack, but I've experimented with DSR and I love the performance of not having to use SGSS with it but I get this annoying fuzziness/blurriness even with DSR smoothing at 0. Does anyone else not experience this? for me it makes it unbearable as it messes my eyes up. This is on a 27" monitor (1920x1080) using 4X dsr which I believe turns it to 4k resolution.

I don´t have this fuzziness/blurriness after changing smoothness to 0. 

I will double check the text size setting tonight.

No worries about hijacking - useful to have a thread about DSR in v3.0!

Ah I think I resolved it by checking the display size setting as mentioned earlier. it was at 150%, now at 100% my mouse cursor is normal size and no blurriness. wow! :D SGSS looks so good but even at 4x gives such a performance hit in clouds. Look forward to trying some flights with DSR!.

Here's some free advice for you:  You don't need DSR or NVI set psecial to run v3.  P3D v3 runs just fine as it is, as long as you only apply two or tweaks to the cfg, that's it.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Here's some free advice for you:  You don't need DSR or NVI set psecial to run v3.  P3D v3 runs just fine as it is, as long as you only apply two or tweaks to the cfg, that's it.

-Jim

Hi Jim,

Could you please explain your AA tweek?

The standard P3D AA is horrible. okay in some aircraft its bearable but in others the cockpit is just unreadable lol.

-Jim

Err, I can say pretty categorically having gone from the same setup in W7 to W10 that DSR working correctly is much better - specifically the PFD (and other displays) are much clearer and more readable in the AS Airbus with DSR than without.

Guess it depends on what monitor you have as well.  On my display, I didn't have a need for any special settings, and I found that P3D ran much smoother.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Guess it depends on what monitor you have as well.  On my display, I didn't have a need for any special settings, and I found that P3D ran much smoother.

-Jim

Out of curiosity, what settings are you using that you referenced in your earlier posing?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations