Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

Uk2000 Airports sale - min 25% off

I have nearly all of his airports, including the VFR airfields, and agree that they are excellent. My only problem is that the airfield grass texture does not match well with ORBX FTX regions except in summer. In other seasons the different colour shade makes them stand out from the surrounding terrain in an unrealistic way. I do wish that Gary would modify the airports for seasonal compatibility with ORBX FTX sceneries so they completely blend (as sim720 has done with their airports. I am assuming that the ORBX customer base is now large enough that this is a reasonable expectation.

I don't mean this to be negative as the airports are outstanding over FTX sceneries if you are flying in the summer.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Does this discount cover UK VFR Airfields v2? Been meaning to purchase them but been put off by the cost for all 3 volumes.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Any chance Simmarket will have these on sale as well? I notice that the typical airport that is £16.99 at the UK2000 shop is £13.79 at Simmarket (please correct me if I am missing something). This is about a $5 price difference in USD, so if you buy four airports in order to get the 40% off, you are paying roughly $15 USD per airport, vs. $20 at Simmarket at regular price. If you buy less than four airports (for the 25% discount), then the sale price is fairly immaterial vs. Simmarket's regular price. I didn't realize there was such a large price difference between buying direct from the developer.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Usually they end up in Simmarket as well.

These are well done and well working sceneries. I think I have to take the Heathrow this time as Aerosoft version is not compatible with FTX or something. It flickers and shows who knows what layers randomly. I fell for the hype after its arrival, UK2000 version seems to be without problems except of VAS issue.

Love this sale above all others, last year I purchased eight, Gary's work is top notch I hope to finish the collection this year.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Does this discount cover UK VFR Airfields v2? Been meaning to purchase them but been put off by the cost for all 3 volumes.

I have asked Gary that question, Chris. I will let you know as soon as I can.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

From the link 

"The VFR Airfields product will join the sale next weekend with 30% off"

Tempted

Cheers

Keith

• Upvote 1

Cheers Keith!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thanks Chris, I didn't forget about you lol! Looks like I'll be getting my wallet out and investing in the V2 VFR Airfields. Will probably leave the Northern region for now as V2 is due out next year I believe.

support1.jpg

You are correct, Chris. Gary hopes to release version 2 of VFR Airfields Volume 3 in July 2016.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I did a quick flight from Manchester  last night - it's still pretty good considering its an older work

Sucks when you wait to see if UK2000 have any sales for Black Friday or Cyber Monday but they don't. so you go ahead and buy a bunch to see a sale pup up days later!  That's the way it goes I guess! Might pick up a few more.

The only problem I find with uk2000 airports is when you change regions in Orbx you have to manually move all the UK2000 airports above orbx in the scenery library. Is there a work around to prevent this?

Cheers

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.