Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

PFC Yoke Disconnect with Windows 10

Finally decided to upgrade to Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 7.  Right after the system booted into Windows 10 the USB disconnect tone kept repeating every few seconds.  After some detective work, I discovered that it was my PFC yoke that was repeatedly disconnecting.  Throttle quadrant and pedals seem fine.  Very aggravating.  Any suggestions would be appreciated but If I can't resolve this issue in the next day or two I will be reverting back to my Windows 7 image....

Steve Giblin

Have rolled back to Windows 7 and the problem has gone away.  Spoke to the folks at Precision Flight Controls and they feel that there is still a USB issue with Windows 10.

Steve Giblin

Hm. I'm thinking about buying a PFC yoke, but I've been running Windows 10--quite successfully, actually.

Anyone else with Windows 10 and a PFC yoke having similar issues?

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I did speak to the tech support folks at PFC.  I was told a board is available for $90 that would more than likely solve my problem.  I would assume that the newer PFC products already have the board in question.  As I have gone back to Windows 7 I'll wait to make the purchase until I don't have the choice in the matter.

As for buying a PFC yoke go for it!  It will totally change your flight simming experience.  They are awesome!!

Steve Giblin

You likely just need to turn off Power Management for the device. At least worth a try. Go Device Manager, Human Interface Devices, identify the yoke in the list. It may not be clearly identified so you may have to unplug/plug/unplug to identify it. Right click on it and look at the Properties. If Power Management is checked then uncheck it.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I also found That using the usb 3.0 port on my motherboard was giving me disconnect / reconnecting beeps win 10. in my motherboard manual it showed that say 3 out of the say 6 or 8 usb ports (not  sure now) still support usb 2.0 so i pluged my PFC yoke into the usb 2.0 port & no more disconnects.

Hope this helps you maybe.

Cheers

Riche

I also found That using the usb 3.0 port on my motherboard was giving me disconnect / reconnecting beeps win 10. in my motherboard manual it showed that say 3 out of the say 6 or 8 usb ports (not  sure now) still support usb 2.0 so i pluged my PFC yoke into the usb 2.0 port & no more disconnects.

Hope this helps you maybe.

Cheers

Riche

Riche,

I had the USB 3.0 issue with my Saitek controls with my previous Windows 7 system. Switching to USB 2.0 also cured that issue. Now that I have a Windows 10 system, and had and fixed the Power Management issues, my Saitek devices work fine with USB 3.0 ports.  I now have no way to check my previous system as I cannibalized it to sell parts. However now I wonder if my Windows 7/USB 3.0 issue with that system was also a Windows Power Management issue related to USB 3.0 ports, and if power management related Regedits might have cured it.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks, everyone. Now I've just got to convince my money manager (my wife) that I need some new hardware. Well, Christmas and my birthday (Dec. 29) are coming up, so ... :-)

... so I got the go-ahead!

Just ordered the PFC Cirrus Saab yoke! With some luck, it will arrive before Christmas!

... so I got the go-ahead!

Just ordered the PFC Cirrus Saab yoke! With some luck, it will arrive before Christmas!

Let me know what you think.  They are soooo nice...

Steve Giblin

Will do. Hope I get it by Friday. ✈

Same here, my PFC Cirrus Saab Yoke from 2014 keeps disconnecting on Win10 (just updated the PC today). Tried Power management settings, USB 2.0/3.0 port, hub/no hub - it does not matter, device is unusable with Win10.

Will roll back to Win 7.

LORBY-SI

Has anyone solved this problem for Windows 10 and the PFC Yoke?  I'm having constant connects and disconnects which makes it obviously impossible to use.  Rolling back to Windows 7 is possible but not at all practical for a multitude of reasons.

-stefan