Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

PFC Yoke Disconnect with Windows 10

Stefan

Thanks for the link

This fix worked perfectly for me

Now I can use my PFC yoke, throttle in Win 10 without any issues

Bo Klop

Yeah, it seems to be working pretty well for me too at first blush.  I'd like to try to isolate the yoke and only disable it for that, because I've had some mouse weirdness since then, so disabling it may confuse other devices.

Incidentally I got a reply from PFC and they say that it's a Windows 10 issue that affects all joysticks and no joystick makers are treating it as warranty coverage.  They want to sell me a new PCB.  

Just say you want $100 to fix it because you mostly sell to corporations that can afford it or don't know better, PFC, and don't try to pretend that nobody makes new drivers or firmware updates for updated operating systems ever.  Plenty of joysticks even have windows 10 drivers. I just downloaded some for my trim wheel.

-stefan

I got my PFC Cirrus Saab yoke last week, and it's ... GREAT! Really made a big difference in the control of my aircraft. A big difference.

By the way, I don't know whether it's because my yoke is new or whether it's because I set power options long ago under Windows 7 and they carried through during my upgrade to Windows 10, but I haven't had any issues.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I have PFC rudder and Column Yoke, this was happening to me. After some hair-pulling, I bought a powered USB hub and all problems went away. Using Windows 10.

For what it's worth, I too had a powered USB hub.  No joy on that.  Nor on USB 3.0 ports.  Nor on the other USB 2.0 ports from the different chipset.  Nor any combination thereof.  I had set power options too, outside of the registry settings long ago.  At least in my specific case, the registry setting (not editable outside registry via normal means) was the only fix.  And I'm glad it was, too.  Wasn't looking forward to giving $90 to PFC for what really should be a driver or firmware upgrade.

-stefan

this worked really well and is still relevant in 2018 for Windows 10. 

PFC Saab yoke!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity