Sign in to follow this  
air320

CARENADO EMB505 PHENOM 300 HD Series PREPAR3D V3

Yes it works just beautifully, especially if you add the GTN750!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you for your readback. So buying via carenado homepage shouldn't be any problem for prepar3d v3. Without GNT750 flying is hopefully also possible ? brgds

Oh yes - the GTN750 is just a nice plus if you like it but the native a/c flies just fine w/o it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I bought this aircraft ror P3DV3 then bought the navigraph upgrade from Carenado only to find the navigraph only works in FSX at the moment.

Be warned.

Regards..Rob

I bought this aircraft ror P3DV3 then bought the navigraph upgrade from Carenado only to find the navigraph only works in FSX at the moment.

Be warned.

Regards..Rob

The Navigraph upgrade works just fine in P3D...

I purchased the EMB Phenom today and it is just amazing. A v3 Installer is also available ;-)

Navigraph Extension version 1.2 I would avoid, unless you want to put in every single altitude for every waypoint from start to finish.  

I honestly haven't flown this airplane in a long while since i bought Aerosoft's Airbus, with their newest update.  Their FMS works like a dream in that plane.

Where can I find the p3dv3 installer? I bought my phenom from FSS. As recently as yesterday the version there was 1.3 and I could not get it to install into p3dv3

Cheers

Don

Same here. I bought the Phenom 300 a few days ago. The installer is v1.3 but it's not possible to install the in P3D v3. The option is not available. Using the browse option to point to the P3d v3 directory H:\....\Prepar3D v3  results in an installation on C:\Program Files(x86)\Carenado installer... and no aircraft in P3D.

Now waiting for a solution by Carenado.

Problem solved by Carenado. Turned out to be a wrong installer on the Simmarket download site. Support was very good.

There is no wrong installer.  It's either v1.3 or v2.0.  Carenado has not updated the installer for this aircraft.  You have to manually install it like you stated in post #11.  I suspect when they upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0 as they stated they would do, the installer will automatically install it just like in FSX.  I agree they have very good support but wish they would simply update their installers and a lot of support questions would suddenly disappear.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi everyone for the last few years or ever since I got into flight simming I have flown exclusively only PMDG aircraft for a number of reasons, mainly due to my disability and then the PMMDG 737 and 777 which has,high level of automation I also use PATC (thanks Jim Young for your assistance there) After flying exclusively only PMDG aircraft, I find Carendo has left a lot to be desired from a tutorial compared to PMDG. I have watched what FS Mania calls a tutorial but I find it more of a demonstration aimed at people who are already experienced in flying small biz-jets . I think I am going to fall in love with this plane as it opens up many more airfields to me, but right now I need to know a simple question about the G10000 Prodigy like is their a switch to switch it on. It the life blood of that aircraft and is very important. When it is active and this is the way u can make adjustments, when you hover your mouse over a switch it highlights green signifying it can be adjusted. The only way I can get it to work is top menu/views/prodigy 1000, this mean's I can have either the virtual cockpit or the G10000 Prodigy in use at any one time but not together

all for now

but right now I need to know a simple question about the G10000 Prodigy like is their a switch to switch it on..

There is no switch to turn it on.  It comes on automatically when you start up the aircraft.  You can turn on/off the co-pilot's PFD display (to save some resources) by clicking on the screw in the upper left hand corner of the PFD.  You may have to move your cursor just below the screw to click it on and off.  It does not work to turn off the PFD on the pilot's side although it appears it should work (probably a bug).  To open up the PFD (the display on the left) or MFD (the display on the right), you click on "Prodigy" at the top of each display.  On the MFD the system shows you where to click to open up the map display.

As you probably know, there's an extensive manual about the G1000 in the Carenado folder but it does not tell you how to turn things on or off.  It just shows you how to do things once the displays are on.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10