Sign in to follow this  
air320

CARENADO EMB505 PHENOM 300 HD Series PREPAR3D V3

thanks Jim that dose not work for me, just tried it again only way for me is views/cockpit/g-1000

The Navigraph upgrade works just fine in P3D...

So it is confirmed that it works for the Phenom 300 and the the new C90. Then, for heaven's sake why does it not work for the Hawker? I asked Carenado a couple of time but they don't seem to know themselves. 

Hans

thanks Jim that dose not work for me, just tried it again only way for me is views/cockpit/g-1000

That option is only to open up a new Window.  Did you hit the "A" key to go through all of the views?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

That option is only to open up a new Window.  Did you hit the "A" key to go through all of the views?

Best regards,

No Jim.................................should I ?

Yes sir. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Another thing worth mentioning is that the weather radar does NOT work in P3DV3.1 (it does work in 2.5)

If you look at your dll.xml the CMeteo gauge is not even inserted, and if you try to insert it manually it will crash P3D.

I have opened a ticket with Carenado 3 days ago about this, they did not bother to respond, I also inquired about the navigraph upgrade not working in P3DV3. I guess I paid for a product that doesnt work in P3D, even though their page mentions P3D (again, it is working also in 2.5)

and I will not even mention the poor AP behavior and flight model (I am not type rated in the phenom but type rated in large transport aircraft)

Regards,

John.

I also inquired about the navigraph upgrade not working in P3DV3.

I agree the CMeteoxml entry into your dll.xml will cause a crash just after the splash screen and hoping to see an update to fix this but everything else is working, even the Navigraph upgrade.  As in installing the Phenom 300 into P3Dv3, point your navigraph upgrade software to the P3Dv3 folder, then, after the install, look in C:\Carenado\Carenado Installer and you will see all the files related to this software.  Just move the files to the appropriate directories in P3Dv3, the most important being the Carenavigraph.dll in the main P3D folder.  I was also able to upgrade my Nav data via Navigraph too but you have to point Navigraph to the proper location.  You should make sure you have the following entry in your dll.xml too:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Once this is done, you'll see your Navigraph data being updated for the first time after you start up the Phenom 300.  I admit I didn't get this to work immediately but discovered I forgot to move the carenavigraph.dll into my main P3D folder after installing P3Dv3.1.  I look forward to a new installer for this product too!  They say they are in the process of upgrading all of their products to version 2.0 and that will go a long way in fixing these issues.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

So it is confirmed that it works for the Phenom 300 and the the new C90. Then, for heaven's sake why does it not work for the Hawker? I asked Carenado a couple of time but they don't seem to know themselves. 

I also finally got the update working. However, for me it did not suffice to add permissions to the carenadonavigraph folder as suggested by Carenado. I had to change the permissions for the whole Prepar3D folder albeit I was already running the sim as administrator. After changing the permissions the update completed.

Hans

hi guys can anyone point me  to  a good tutorial with voice for the phenom300 please but not FS Mania

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info, I just tried installing as you stated, I added the entry in the XML.DLL, but for some reason I dont seem to be able to pickup the navigraph in the G1000 unit.

I see a CarenadoNavigraph folder, and also have the carenavigraph.dll file in the main folder, anything else I should move? 

Thanks again!

John.

I added the entry in the XML.DLL, but for some reason I dont seem to be able to pickup the navigraph in the G1000 unit.

I'm not sure what you mean that you are not able to pickup the Navigraph in the G1000 unit.  It sounds like you have it properly installed.  Now look in your Carenado\EMB505_Phenom300 folder and open up Navigraph G1000 manual.  If that's not there then you need to look in the Carenado Installer folder that was used for installing the files on your computer. 

They have an excellent tutorial of how to create a flight plan from Tucson, AZ to Los Angeles.  See if you can set up the flight plan.  You should see SID/STARS in your department and arrival procedures.

When you first load the Phenom300, you should see a Navigraph loading screen indicating NavData is being loaded.  You'll see this every time you update your NAV data (from Navigraph) if you are going to update your NavData from the AIRAC 1310 cycle (latest is 1610 I think).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

hi guys can anyone point me  to  a good tutorial  for the phenom300 please but not FS Mania.........................anyone guys ?

Jim, do I need to  purchase the add-on hat includes the Navigraph data . l already subscription to Navigraph?

@757FO,

for me the weather radar works fine in P3Dv3.1

I find out this solution:

in dll.xml i made the following entry: <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad> before <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>

When you than start P3D you have to answer the question with yes and it works without a crash

regards

tomtor

@757FO,

for me the weather radar works fine in P3Dv3.1

I find out this solution:

in dll.xml i made the following entry: <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad> before <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>

When you than start P3D you have to answer the question with yes and it works without a crash

regards

tomtor

Thank you, very good tip, that makes the radar work for me too.

Hans

@Hans, 

Thank you mate, I will give this a try, much appreciated!

@Jim,

I think something is going wrong with the install for navigraph, I cannot find a Navigraph G1000 Manual PDF in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Carenado\EMB505_Phenom300

(I have also installed the navigraph into my P3DV2.5 install and I do see the PDF in the folder)

When I load up the Phenom in P3DV3 I do not see the loading navdata screen @ all 

What I ended up doing was copying the files from P3DV2.5 to the V3 folder and it seems to work now.. 

Thank you again for your help guys!

John