Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Earth Simulations - A Tribute

I have just completed a quick take off, circuit and landing at EGCV Sleap using the Earth Simulations Shawbury Fields package and PlayHorizon VFR GenX photographic scenery, and it made me think of Darren and Vicky Vincent. I have no idea what they are doing now, or where they are, but I do want to say a big Thank You to both of them for creating some truly wonderful scenery packages. In fact, I think that I would be in flight simulation nirvana if I could have the entire British Isles rendered with the quality and attention to detail exhibited by the Shawbury Fields package. I have all of the Earth Simulations collection, and they are without doubt my favourite scenery areas to fly around. There is something very magical about being able to look down and see so much detail that you can almost believe that you really are flying above a real world landscape.

There is so much to see in Earth Simulations products. I have owned them for several years, and yet I have never really taken the time to explore them in detail......but it doesn't matter. Just knowing that all of that detail is there whenever I decide to go looking for it is enough to give me a thrill. I never grow tired of flying to the same airfields in ES products, because I know that the experience will always bring a smile to my face. That level of detail is always a pleasure to see. Alderney, Guernsey, the Isles of Scilly, Shawbury Fields, and the Isle of Man......they are all masterpieces.

The sad part of this tale is that we will not see another release from Earth Simulations. I was so looking forward to ES Jersey, and maybe even ES Isle of Wight. They would both have been fantastic products, and a part of me wishes (hopes) that, somewhere in a secret place.....away from the trials and tribulations of the real world.....Darren and Vicky are preparing to reveal another two works of art that will astonish the FS world.

I like to think that I had a good relationship with Darren and Vicky. They were always so kind to me, and in return I tried to promote their products wherever I could. It was a pleasure to do so, and extremely easy. After all, the quality was there for all to see! Some people hated the ES Installer, and to some extent I can understand that. It was different from most of the other product installers in the FS world, although I never really had a problem with it. Nevertheless, I can appreciate that this has caused some problems since Earth Simulations ceased trading. That is a shame, because they really are some of the best flight simulation scenery packages ever developed. Whatever you think of ES and/or the ES Installer, the quality of the software was second to none.

All that's left for me to say now is...........God bless both of you, wherever you are. I would love to hear from you, although I understand if you are no longer interested in the world of flight simulation. Best wishes for the future, and thank you for the memories!

• Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Great tribute, they had plans to cover the whole UK with their masterful work. Shame it didn't come to fruition. Was so looking forward to the upcoming products.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

+1 chris, nicely put :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I'm so glad to read this. I recently discovered earth simulations isle of man and I literally ordered it from theflightstore last Saturday. I'm now waiting patiently for it to arrive :). Seems so weird having to buy scenery as a boxed version! I'm surprised they still have stock. I couldn't decide weather to get it or not, but I could not find any other scenery for the isle of man so I thought i'd give it a go. And from your write up it has given me great confidence that i'm in for a treat.

Great read Christopher, well said.  Your enthusiasm with your hobby is fantastic 

• Upvote 1

What an excellent tribute Chrisopher!

Like yourself, I purchased everything they produced, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I expect them, in whatever guise, to re-appear one day?

Phil Murfin

Very well said Christopher and I agree entirely. Like you I have everything they produced!

Stuart Furley

I concur Christopher, outstanding tribute. I have ShawburyFields as I used to work there with RAF as well as with Marshalls of Cambridge and Serco.

I have never seen the aircraft carrier that is supposed to be north of the Isles of Scilly, or even the Scillonian III passenger ferry that operates from Penzance! I really need to start exploring!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I received my Earth Simulations - Isle of man box today. I had no idea that it would be 4 discs lol. Currently installing :).

Yes, that's the one, Elaine. If you do not have any other ES products, then I suggest that you check out the others aswell. They are all superb!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png