Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Earth Simulations - A Tribute

I received my copy of IOM today. Starting the autorun file from the DVD, I pass the system checks but then,  I cannot get any further then the opening screen and a message saying "the specified path is unavailable". Also, I am asked to type in an e-mail and a password but all I have is the DVD unlock key.

Where should the ES path point to? Can I point to my P3D v3 folder for the FSX path?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jos Denis

Well, I finally managed to install the package on my hard drive. But how to link the scenery to the P3D scenery.cfg is beyond me. I think I need a guide "how to install the IOM scenery into P3D for dummies".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jos Denis

I cant even get the downloaded version of Isle of Manit to install into FSXSE and I am using ESI V2.5 which is supposed to be SE compatible.

I had trouble installing my copy of IOM so i searched on google and found this document http://www.arm-computers.co.uk/EarthSims_Help/ESI_Installer_Help.pdf and followed the guide and it worked flawlessly. The biggest thing that was stopping me installing it was the fact my pc was connected to the internet. 

I believe I also used the migration tool to get it into P3D V3 but that is probably not necessary. Also if you get it installed and dont see any autogen you need to download a special file which is available here http://www.arm-computers.co.uk/EarthSims_Help/earthsims_help.html

There are several main elements to any ES scenery install:

1. A series of scenery folders covering terrain, photoscenery and FX that require adding to scenery.cfg - easily done manually :)

2. There are a range of files (usually easily identifiable by the filename) that are added to the effects, sound, and texture folders of the root sim folder.

3. Autogen compatibility files (search on google and find at ARM computing)

4. Some sceneries install simobjects (like ships)

I've installed a lot of mine yesterday and after activating the scenery folders I added all the additional files into separate folders as recommended by LM for P3D3. IOM and IOS tested and working beautifully so far.... :)

Im away for xmas but when I'm back I'll happily share lists of what files/folders I have where so those with legit copies can tweak their files manually if necessary to make them work. Note I will NOT be able to share any scenery files themselves sorry.

Cheers K

If youre using FSX or LM dont incorporate support for multiple autogen files in v3.1, its worth looking at FSDeveloper for Arno's autogen merge tool. This should allow for the ES autogen conpatibility files to be used with other developer's autogen files (eg FranceVFR and OrbX) without having to choose between one and the other and inevitably crippling one or other scenery :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Forgive me I also forgot there is an amended local terrain height file for St Mary's in the Scilly Isles that goes in world/scenery in the sim root folder... Thanks to Chris Low for reminding me of that one! :)

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png