Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Earth Simulations - A Tribute

So, do we have any more ES converts since this thread started? To be honest, I am astonished that anyone living this side of "the pond" didn't already have all of the ES packages installed!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Gotta do the Instant Download thing.  I don't buy anything unless it has a download option.  That, is why they went out of business.

Yes Christopher,  i will be buying Isl of Man over the weekend.  Don't own anything outside of Orbtx.  It will be a nice stop between Ireland and the UK 

That, is why they went out of business.

Actually no - everything WAS available for download - I've got Shawbury, Guernsey, Alderney and the Scilly Isles, all downloads.

They went out of business due to ill health, and only a few hardcopies are still available.

Cheers

Keith

Is there any way of a Digital download for the Ism of Man or is it only the box sets? 

ESI produced an autogen compatability file, merging their changes with ORBXs.

Hopefully that still works and ORBX haven't added more changes.

The file is downloadable from ESI, https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/235619-i-need-the-autogen-compatibility-files

Cheers

Keith

Thank you, Keith.

When testing the compatibility files I noticed a very slow progress of the loading bar around the 70% mark, so I did another test with my original files from my backup. The sim would load very slowly again (around one full hour until completion!), just like it did with the files from that download.

Eventually the flight would start with either set of files, but the sim crashed with the compatibility files shortly thereafter, but would keep running with my original files. Processor load was unusually high, around the 90% mark, with the default trike.

My guess is that compatibility has been affected by whatever addon scenery that has been released since publishing the compatibility files. Will check on the ORBX side whether something else can be done about this issue.

Also, thanks to the link you provided, Keith, I am now aware of some more ES Q&As which I need to check and test first, before heading over to the ORBX forum.

When testing the compatibility files I noticed a very slow progress of the loading bar around the 70% mark, so I did another test with my original files from my backup. The sim would load very slowly again (around one full hour until completion!), just like it did with the files from that download.

That happens when the sim can't find the autogen files in the correct location, so it goes looking for them!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I ordered it yesterday, even if I'm a bit concerned about the difficult install.

Jos

Is the hard copy presented as an executable installer file, or can you also access the folders directly from the DVD?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

its an executable. All the files are highly compressed into .bin files iirc.

I have just completed a circuit at another airfield in the ES Shawbury Fields package (EGOE RAF Ternhill), and the scenery was sublime. Final approach to Runway 23 took me right over the (superbly detailed) town of Market Drayton. It was like flying over heaven B)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That happens when the sim can't find the autogen files in the correct location, so it goes looking for them!!

This is the second time I embarrassed myself over ES' Isle of Man: This time there were a couple of ES entries in my scenery.cfg which hadn't been activated. (The 'Channel Isles' entries and some 'shared folders', I would guess.) Sorry all!   :blush:

I wouldn't worry, Oliver. How do you think I knew about it? :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png