Sign in to follow this  
jscoralick

ADE 167

Hello my friends.

I'm learning to modify FSX-SE airports with the ADE 167. I really researched the Internet helps but I would like to know the difference between:
Exclude AutoGen, Flatten, Flatten Exclude AutoGen, Flatten Mask Class Map, Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutoGen, Mask Class Map e Mask Class Map ExcludeAutoGen.

You can take the doubts that I have?

Thank you so much.

The .pdf manual that comes with the ADE9X download explains a little bit of what the exclusion polygons do.

Exclude AUTOGEN removes building, trees, and other objects I believe.

Flatten merely creates a flat surface underneath your airport runways and taxiways so your airport is level, but does not remove AUTOGEN.

Flatten Exclude Autogen does both

Mask Class "hides" the landclass that underlies your airport, such as medium town, agricultural, forest, etc.

The 225 page user's manual discusses this around page 220, so not much detail, but I think you will figure out what each does based on the manual and what I have mentioned above. 

I encourage you to read the manual unless the English language is not your first language.  Even if it is not, I believe there is an option to display the manual in several different languages.

Randy

EDIT:  I just realized you posted elsewhere and got almost the identical suggestions, but more detailed, as I have given you as well as a suggestion to post in the relevant section and visit FSDevelopers website.

Hello, Ramjett.

Thank you for your answer. I already understand the differences between the options.

Hello my friends.

When I try to modify an airport with ADE 167, for example, add a runway, the application saves the new runway and compiles the new airport, but Flight Simulator does not show the new runway. Why is this happening?

Thanks.

Are you adding the modified airport to your addon scenery library? 

ADE9X does not do this automatically.  I have created my own scenery folder inside the addon scenery folder of FSX (and FS9).  I called it "ADE Airports".  Inside that folder is one called "scenery". 

I place all my ADE modded airports inside that scenery folder (I compile them to a temp folder and then move the final mod once I am done into ADE Airports/scenery).  I've already added "ADE Airports" using "Settings" and "Scenery Library" from the main startup screen of either FSX or FS9.  That way every time I do a new airport mod and place it in that scenery folder it has already been added and FSX generates it without me having to add a new airport each time I do one.

Randy

Hi, Ramjett.

I always add the new airport in addon scenery library. In most cases, all new airports modified by ADE 167 are correct. But some new airports that have been modified by ADE 167 appear not modified in Fligh Simulator.