Sign in to follow this  
Rivet

Objectflow_KBZN problem

Hi,

No answer to this over at the official ORBX support forum so if someone here could assist I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a fresh install of FSX:SE on a new machine and I started installing all of my ORBX products into it. Global and all regions installed perfectly. I then started installing my airports. Please note that after each product install I do an install of the latest ORBXLibs and then go into FTX Central 2 to ensure everything is OK.  

After installing KBZN and then running FSX I get the following error message:

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a 3rd party program..."

Name: Dynamig Object Placement, Version: 1,0,10,3, Company: Unknown File: ObjectFlow_KBZN.dll

I reinstalled KBZN and then reinstalled latest ORBXLibs again just to make sure but I still get the error.

Thanks.

Hi,

did you try to (re-)download the most recent KBZN installer from the FSS?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks Michael,

Yes I did. Before I started the whole process I downloaded all the installers again (in case any of them were newer installers) and then... for any of the airports I have been having a problem with I again re-downloaded them.

Next I would surmise an issue between an FSX only and and FSX:SE installation. If you had FSX boxed prior to your installation there may be registry entires remaining tricking installers into FSX boxed mode although you have FSX:SE installed now.

I don't have any FSX installed at present, but when I installed FSX:SE once I made my way through the registry to remove all remnants from FSX:boxed in advance (and there where quite a number of entries left) .

However, this issue has been raised on the ORBX forum several times and I know there have been solutions posted which a search should provide. In particular I recall they provide (or link to) a registry cleaning tool for cleaning all FSX boxed remnants from your registry.

Of course it might be something different, but that's what comes to my mind.

Kind regards, Michael 

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

You may also want to check the following threads. Their issues are not with KBZN, but the message seems similar:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=12418.0

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/68382-fsx-fails-to-run-after-fsuipc4-first-installed/

As far as I understand it's a Simconnect issue in both cases. Not quite easy to isolate and solve, I hope for you it's something more simple.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael,

Thanks so much for your comments.

1) It is not an FSX boxed and FSX:SE issue as this is a new machine and FSX has never been on it. I have just installed FSX:SE and very little other software to date.

2) I think you may be on to something with your second reply. After awhile I was making no progress with the original issue so I moved ahead and tried installing some more of my ORBX airports. I have accumulated a notebook page full of errors and, even though they are all different, some patterns are becoming somewhat apparent. There are dll.xml issues, simconnect issues and objectflow issues. However remember this is a brand new machine with very little software and a virgin FSX:SE install. I also have almost no other add-ons in FSX:SE given that I was going to get the ORBX stuff in before other stuff. So it is becoming apparent that these are cyclic types of ORBX errors caused by:

a) Older ORBX  airport installers (all are the latest versions of the installers but some were made in quite awhile ago)...and I had none of these problems with the region installers because they have been redone recently

b) Some ORBX ObjectFlow version problems (when I install an ORBX product and then install the latest ORBXLibs sometimes it says there is a new version of ObjectFlow I must install... and other times it does not. Some installers seems to get confused by ObjectFlow and Simconnect versions and others do not (older ones possibly)

c) And a dll.xml problem they had that started around KBZN and KJAC time period (I found lots of messages that discussed that problem).

I say these are cyclic type errors because other than the dll.xml error that I actually had to address, most seem to take care of themselves over time (I have no idea why). It seems however to happen mostly with the older airport installers. When I install newer airports it eventually seems to take care of itself. Even the message that was popping up when FSX:SE starts has now vanished after about 3 other installs. Remember that I was always installing the new version of OrbxLibs after each airport install and then checking in FTX Central 2 to make sure all was well - even after the installers had pumped out their error messages.

So, if anyone experiences something like this in the future when you are starting from scratch and needing to install many older ORBX airports my advice is - tighten your seatbelt you are in for a bumpy ride. However, other than the dll.xml file (which required an empty line being entered at the bottom of the file) the rest may take care of itself even though it loves to pump out some nasty error messages.

Thanks again Michael. 

Hi,

No answer to this over at the official ORBX support forum so if someone here could assist I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a fresh install of FSX:SE on a new machine and I started installing all of my ORBX products into it. Global and all regions installed perfectly. I then started installing my airports. Please note that after each product install I do an install of the latest ORBXLibs and then go into FTX Central 2 to ensure everything is OK.

After installing KBZN and then running FSX I get the following error message:

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a 3rd party program..."

Name: Dynamig Object Placement, Version: 1,0,10,3, Company: Unknown File: ObjectFlow_KBZN.dll

I reinstalled KBZN and then reinstalled latest ORBXLibs again just to make sure but I still get the error.

Thanks.

Try this it works for p3dv3 so it may work for FSX-SE.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks David,

Even though it is not the exact same error message I am getting, it looks like it is very closely related to one of the set of problems (the ObjectFlow problems). It may well provide some of the key answers. I am off to look at some things. Thanks again.