Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

PFE ATC Plugin now available for X-Plane

Gerald,

I was a beta tester for the original PFE to X-Plane. I already own PF3 if you need testers.

Thanks for stepping forward.

It isn't the PFEtoXPlane plugin that needs to be updated.

It's rather Multi Crew Experience to enable voice interface to the new PF3 ATC program. I mean these 2 packages for which a Demo is available. One for X-Plane and another for FSX/P3D

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Thanks for stepping forward.

It isn't the PFEtoXPlane plugin that needs to be updated.

It's rather Multi Crew Experience to enable voice interface to the new PF3 ATC program. I mean these 2 packages for which a Demo is available. One for X-Plane and another for FSX/P3D

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Gotcha.

NAX669.png

Gotcha.

Oops! spoke too soon.

The plugin for X-Plane needs to be updated too. Even though you could manually point it to the new PF3 installation, it won't be able to read PF3 settings (Hotkey assignmnts, call-sign etc..) as it's not aware of the changes from "PF_Emulator.ini" (where it expects to find info) to "PF3.ini".where the info is on the new version. A minor thing, nevertheless requires an update.

Ben will send you new files via e-mail

• Upvote 1

Ben will send you new files via e-mail

Looking forward to it.

NAX669.png

I assume you got the updated files now.

I did. I started a flight using PF3 last night and it worked as advertised from gate to take off. I had to abort the flight due to another issue not PF3 to X-Plane. I'm going to try again tonight. I'll report back with the results.

NAX669.png

Attention all PFEtoXPlane users...

You can update the PFEtoXPlane as follows...

Download this patch, unzip and replace both "64" and "32" folders inside \XPlane 10\Resources\Plugins\PFEtoXPlane\ folder

http://www.multicrewxp.com/PFEtoXPlane-Patch.zip

By default plugin will look for Pro Flight installation in the following order

PF3 registered version
PF3 Demo version
PFE older version (V2.15)

It sets itself up to the first one it finds.

Hello !

I have some troubles using PFEtoXplane with PF3 -> my pilot/VC is still contacting and confirming the advises from the ATC without any key pressed (in this case "0" key, and no matter which VC setting is used in PF3)

And the hotkeys are not working ?

Did following steps:

Installed the last version of the plugin from my simmarket account

PF3 is updated to last version

Hotkeys assumed as in help file suggested (all with crtl+shift+"key", except "0")

Disabled the RC4toXplane plugin ! (working without any troubles with RC4)!

MCE updated to the last version !

Manually set the path of the PF3 folder (the install path is not directly on C drive) but was already automatically recognised by the plugin !

all programs set to "run as administrator" !

all .lic files are in the folders !

Did I messed up something ??

Thank you !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Hello !

I have some troubles using PFEtoXplane with PF3 -> my pilot/VC is still contacting and confirming the advises from the ATC without any key pressed (in this case "0" key, and no matter which VC setting is used in PF3)

And the hotkeys are not working ?

Did following steps:

Installed the last version of the plugin from my simmarket account

PF3 is updated to last version

Hotkeys assumed as in help file suggested (all with crtl+shift+"key", except "0")

Disabled the RC4toXplane plugin ! (working without any troubles with RC4)!

MCE updated to the last version !

Manually set the path of the PF3 folder (the install path is not directly on C drive) but was already automatically recognised by the plugin !

all programs set to "run as administrator" !

all .lic files are in the folders !

Did I messed up something ??

Thank you !

You need to change the "0" key assignment to anything else that doesn't include "0". Suggest "CTRL+SHFT+T" in PF3 hotkey assignments.

"0" is a buggy key in X-Plane. Somehow, X-Plane never notifies when the key is "UP"

It's OK with FSX/P3D though

ok, thank you !!

Cheers !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

just the short update !

Assigned "CRTL+SHIFT+T" instead of "0" without success -> pilot is still contacting the ATC without any key to be pressed (no matter which PF3 virtual copilot setting is used)  as soon as the PF3 connection is established and the rest of the hotkeys are not working (have the same settings according to the PFEtoXplane.pdf) !

reinstalled the PF3 (with the standard settings -> in this case in the default folder on C:\FS_Addons\PF3)  -> no success !

disabled all the plugins (e.g. python scripts, xreloaded etc etc) -> no success !

enabled RC4toXplane - working without any problems with RC4 (only to "test" the hotkeys) !

I do not know, but could be possible that I have some older version of the plugin (downloaded today from my simmarket account) ?

PF3 Version 3.0.3, XP10.45

EDIT:

is´t working, finally found the reason !!!! I had some offsets and hotkeys defined in my XPUIPCOffsets.cfg causing this issue !!!

working now without troubles !!

Thank you again !!

is´t working, finally found the reason !!!! I had some offsets and hotkeys defined in my XPUIPCOffsets.cfg causing this issue !!!
working now without troubles !!
Thank you again !!

Thanks for feedback.

Good to know.

I have been using PFE extensively with FSX and P3D but have started switching to X-Plane recently. Have got PFE running but have one question and a comment.

Question: does anyone have experience whether PFE ATC will register and communicate with Worldtraffic AI as it does with AI traffic in P3D?

Comment: in the documentation the comment that one absolutely must use Control and Shift keys is confusing as some of the keys (0, 5) do not require this.

to your question -> simple - NO, because X-plane do "not know anything" about World Traffic (this plugin works "outside" of X-Plane, only the active runways and ground routes etc are used), at the moment, anyway.

That´s the reason why you don´t see the WT planes on your TCAS !

But I do not use PF3 or PFE at the moment -> clearences are often coming to late  (@climb), some strange things at hand off to approach or f.e. already aligned on ILS after STAR ->and at this moment "approach" is contacting you with instruction  -> "fly heading xxx " ? HEE, what ? and I´m an old one experienced user of PFE and I was happy about the new PF3 but this version have the same "bugs" like PFE !  (database update ok, corrected flightplans etc., settings checked, already tried everything - then go back to RC4, working to 99% without failure) ! just my comment !!

cheers !!

UT2 also runs 'outside' of FSX/P3D and still PFE is able to access and communicate with A.I. traffic. Whether it's running inside or outside of the simulator is not really the question but whether there are proper APIs available (which, obviously, are not in this case).

And it's not true that Worldtraffic just uses runways and ground routes. It also handles route files including actual SIDs and STARs.