Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

PFE ATC Plugin now available for X-Plane

A new PFEtoXPlane package has just been uploaded to Simmarket.. Make sure you download your copy

ChangeLog

-Better support for PF3

-Better handling of non-alpha characters assigned as hotkeys.

-Prevents the Native ATC window popping-up when you hit “Enter” key

-You can show and hide hints with TAB key now instead of the plugins menu.

-Frequencies are now listed in Hints window as opposed to main XPUIPC window.

-Hints window saves its last position.

On 3/29/2016 at 3:54 AM, simakperrce said:

I have been using PFE extensively with FSX and P3D but have started switching to X-Plane recently. Have got PFE running but have one question and a comment.

Question: does anyone have experience whether PFE ATC will register and communicate with Worldtraffic AI as it does with AI traffic in P3D?

Comment: in the documentation the comment that one absolutely must use Control and Shift keys is confusing as some of the keys (0, 5) do not require this.

Greetings,

I'm currently doing the move from MSFS X to X-Plane 10/11. I have PF3 and PFEToXplane working as expected. Seems to be working just fine. I also have World Traffic installed as SimakPerrce does. World Traffic does provide the ability to map data like the default AI in XPlane. We know this works since application like FS Commander and FS Flight Keeper displays XPlane default AI on the map. 

XPUIPC provides and offset file that can be edited. World Traffic provides custom datarefs that should be able to map. The following are the datarefs for WT 2.0

Dataref NumAirCraft    cjs/world_traffic/num_aircraft    int            # Number of aircraft currently being rendered (integer) 
Dataref AirCraftType    cjs/world_traffic/num_type     intarray         # Aircraft Type – see Appendix A3 for types (integer array) 
Dataref AirCraftID    cjs/world_traffic/id         int            # Aircraft Identifier (integer array) 
Dataref AirCraftAlt    cjs/world_traffic/alt_asl     floatarray        # Altitudes of all aircraft (float array) 
Dataref AirCraftKIAS    cjs/world_traffic/speed_kias     floatarray        # Speeds of all aircraft (float array)
Dataref AirCraftHDG    cjs/world_traffic/heading_degT    floatarray        # Heading of all aircraft (float array) 
Dataref AirCraftLAT    cjs/world_traffic/aircraft_lat    floatarray        # Position of all aircraft (float array) 
Dataref AirCraftLON    cjs/world_traffic/aircraft_lon    floatarray        # Position of all aircraft (float array) 

The following offsets are availabe according to the author of XPUIPC; Offset, bytes, data and read/write value;

D840 20 Additional A.I. Airborne traffic r

F000 128 A.I. Airborne traffic r

F080 40 A.I. Airborne traffic r 

(An email snippit from a developer I was communicating with)

What I do know is that the TCAS data in FSUIPC starts at offset F080 (AI airborne data) and there are 40 slots, each starting every 40 bytes.

- 4 bytes: ID (not sure what this is)

- 4 bytes: latitude

- 4 bytes: longitude

- 4 bytes: altitude (ft)

- 2 bytes: heading

- 2 bytes: speed

- 2 bytes: vertical speed

- 15 bytes: callsign (15 characters)

So if I'm not mistaken we should be able to use the XPUIPCOffSets.cfg file to add the custom TCAS datarefs supplied by World Traffic. The only thing we need now is something that can assimilate this data and apply it. Myself, I just can't seem to put it together to make it work. So if anyone has any ideas and if we can map third party traffic apps it'd be really neato. (Plus groovy cool)

-Matt

I don't think any ATC program in X-Plane sees AI traffic. X-Life has an ATC program with it that might but I've never used the ATC part, just the AI traffic.

NAX669.png

I can't get it to run

I get the error message below error message from PF3, it looks like the error could originate from my installation of PF3 but it works fine with FSX last time I tried it.

Looks like it can;t connect via XPCUIP

Connect error 429 240

Active x component can't create object

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

1 hour ago, revporl said:

I can't get it to run

I get the error message below error message from PF3, it looks like the error could originate from my installation of PF3 but it works fine with FSX last time I tried it.

Looks like it can;t connect via XPCUIP

Connect error 429 240

Active x component can't create object

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul

Do you have PFEtoXplane install?

Also in order for PFE to work with Xplane in needs to be on the same machine with Xplane. 

Bob

14 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

Hi Paul

Do you have PFEtoXplane install?

Also in order for PFE to work with Xplane in needs to be on the same machine with Xplane. 

Bob

I thought it worked with XUIPC on a client ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

10 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

I thought it worked with XUIPC on a client ?

It won't work across the network. I tried it and I was told the XUIPC is limited in some network feature that PF3 needs. I think it something related to keyboard function. They develop PFEtoxplane that interface PF3 to Xplane better. However you have to have PF3 on the same machine with Xplane. 

I bought for my flight sim machine were Xplane is running. I have it running on my machine and it works alone with MCE just fine with no performance hits and works like a charm.

With  PFEtoXplane, you have follow the instruction to the letter.

Bob

1 hour ago, BobFS88 said:

It won't work across the network. I tried it and I was told the XUIPC is limited in some network feature that PF3 needs. I think it something related to keyboard function. They develop PFEtoxplane that interface PF3 to Xplane better. However you have to have PF3 on the same machine with Xplane. 

I bought for my flight sim machine were Xplane is running. I have it running on my machine and it works alone with MCE just fine with no performance hits and works like a charm.

With  PFEtoXplane, you have follow the instruction to the letter.

Bob

Cheers thanks Bob. I do have it, but not got around to trying it. You saved me a headche, many thanks.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

47 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Cheers thanks Bob. I do have it, but not got around to trying it. You saved me a headche, many thanks.

No problem any time.😀

Bob

Hi yes, both installed on the same machine. 

I don't think that is the issue.

Any other clues as to what might be causing it?

5 hours ago, revporl said:

Hi yes, both installed on the same machine. 

I don't think that is the issue.

Any other clues as to what might be causing it?

Hi

I have to ask you some questions:

I would need more information. You said both are installed on the same machine.

Is this the first time you using PF3 for Xplane?

When starting  PF3, are you starting from outside Xplane (which is incurrect) or starting it from the plugin window called "Launch PFE" within Xplane. (The plugin should launch on its own after you start your flight)

Other question:

Where is the error code be generated from?

What  version is XPUIPC is running. It should 2.0 or greater. Make sure you have the latest version installed.

I will for your responds before going into details

Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, this is the first time I've run PF3 for X Plane, I have a recent version of XPUIPC 2.0.0.0 (RC4 to X Plane works fine)

The error code is generated from PF3 itself (it won't let me post screenshots on here)

Dave March has sent me some extra .exe files to try and rectify it but its still not working with X-Plane. I don;t have FSX installed since I fell in love with XP11 but it was working fine with it before bit I don;t think the issue is with PF3 to X plane, rather with an update to PF3 and the way my AV software has reacted to it!

I'll keep plugging away but am well disappointed.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul

>>  I don;t have FSX installed since I fell in love with XP11 but it was working fine with it before bit I

>> don;t think the issue is with PF3 to X plane, 

I was going to ask you if you able to try re installing PF3. But that may be little bit of a challenge since FSX is no longer on your system.

The latest version 3.5 does work with X plane 11 on my setup (I check today).Also I still have to use FSX to build the latest runway database for PF3 of all the airports you have installed, especially the payware version, using make runway utility

FSX becomes a data resource when your running these type of apps design for FSX to work with X plane.(Just food for thought)

looking at your message here:

>> I get the error message below error message from PF3, it looks like the error could originate

>> from  my installation of PF3 but it works fine with FSX last time I tried it.

The fact that it works fine with Radar contact to Xplane could mean the XPUIPC is ok as well as the scrips running in Xplane.

I wish can see the contents of the file

PFEtoXplane.cfg that is your resource/plugin/PFEtoXplane folder

One other thing you can look at doing

While running Xplane at the gate, Go the Plugin menu, Plugin Admin Enable/Disable and if you find Radar Contact to Xplane, disable it.

Then try running PF3 again.

When you create a flightplan, are saving in the FSX format and then loading it into PF3? If so then your ok there, that's what you should be using.

Let me know, will keep digging 

Bob

The plugin has just been updated to fix a couple of bugs.

- Request for runway change when airborne now working as expected.

Make sure you download new package from Simmarket.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

This plugin has just been updated, with a coup0le of bugs fixed.

Please make sure you download the latest package from Simmarket.

Thank you