Sign in to follow this  
FSMuseum

For Boeing 717 Fans

What is this?  I'm not downloading anything (at a slow rate at that) without an idea of what it is.

Your welcome?

• Upvote 1

I believe Chris meant to type ISG1 Avionics.   http://secure.simmarket.com/ernie-alston-integrated-simavionics-group-1-(isg1).phtml

This is within the download with no virus warnings on my end.

jwwn5.jpg

Readme within the file:

VANS Boeing 717-200 Modifications

VERSION 6.30 [05/08/2015]

By Geoff Cooper 2010-2015 - geoff.cooper@blue1va.net

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legal (?)

This modification is made on the Vans Aircraft Company panel without any permission whatsoever. That means that it is fully illegal and therefore can never be distributed publically. However, to ensure that this is not seen as software piracy, the pack deliberately does not contain certain essential gauges that come with the VANS panel, so is not useable unless the original package has been purchased.

Sub Note: The Vans Aircraft Company no longer has any website nor am I able to contact them - I have tried! The Vans 717-200 package is not available from any reputable source any more and so as of version 2.00, the package does contain all the needed Vans files (the Vans717.CAB file is heavily modified anyway).

THIS PACKAGE MUST NOT BE DISTRIBUTED OUTSIDE OF VIRTUAL BLUE1 WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM ME!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requirements

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE MY B712 PANEL INSTALLED, REMOVE ALL OF IT BEFORE INSTALLING THIS!!!

This package has been built and tested with FS9 and FSX. FSX testing is not complete and issues may arise.

In order to use this package, you MUST have purchased:

-> the Vans Aircraft Company Boeing 717-200
http://www.vansairco.com/ <-- See above legal note

-> ISG1 Simavionics gauges

-> HJG Boeing 717-200 model (these modifactions may work with other B712 models, but will not be optimal)
http://www.simviation.com/hjg/downloads.htm <-- This is included as of v 2.0, although that is also strictly not allowed ;~

While the package contains a huge number of reworked parts based on the the VANS panel, it does still contain a few gauges from the original. Therefore I must thank the original creators of that package for their hard work in making it!

Additional gauges and add-ons that are recommended are :

-> My HD Blue1 texture sets for the HJG B712 (included as of v 2.0)
-> A2A Shockwave Lights Redux (settings are included in the aircraft.cfg)
-> Aerosoft AES (an configuration file for the HJG aircraft is included and the aircraft.cfg file is already suitably modified)
-> RealityXP Weather Radar - the panel.cfg has a place for this set already

///   NOTE THIS IS NOT UPDATED SINCE VERSION 2.0+  -   FURTHER DOCUMENTS TO FOLLOW!!!

Features

Safety Throttles
While in flight, if the overpeed limit is exceeded, or the aircraft becomes so slow that a stall might occur, the autothrottle will engage automatically and prevent the potential problem. The autothrottle will not disengage or allow the speed variable to be changed until the speed is within safe limits. This system is active at all times while the aircraft is not on the ground. An auidible warning (three tones) will sound when the system engages. When the gear is down, the limit speed is set as the Stall speed, to prevent issues during takeoff and landing!

TO system and TRP
Once engaged, the TO System will set an appropriate elevator trim and VS for takeoff. On the first click, the TO button will set the AT to armed and configure the appropriate VS and trim, but will then de While active, the TO System also limits the engines maximum N1 (the AT is armed but no speed mode is engaged). In the TO roll, pushing the throttles to 90% will automatically engage TO NORMAL takeoff thrust (N1 value is calculated based on temperature and pressure - usually around 94% N1). If additional power is needed, the TO MAX power (usually around 100% N1) can be reached by pushing the throttles to 100%. TO NORMAL can be restored by bringing the throttles back below 65% momentarily. Once airborne, if the autopilot is engaged, the aircraft will fly at an appropriate pitch to accelerate optimally - assuming retraction of gear and flaps. Once the set IAS speed is reached, the limiter and pitch hold functions are disengaged and the AP is set to fly at the current VS and the AT will hold the set IAS speed. The defaut lateral mode for the TO system is LVL (wing leveler), but any of the other modes (HDG, LNAV etc) can be used while in the TO phase. Other than automatically, the TO system will disengage when the TO button is pressed, if the AT is disengaged or the CLMB mode is engaged. The AT area of the PFD annunciator shows 'T/O CLAMP' and the vertical mode are shows 'PITCH'.

CLMB mode
When engaged, the CLMB mode attempts to hold the turbine N1 at 85% by increasing or decreasing the VS variable between 1000 ft/min and 3800 ft/min. The AT and AP ALT HOLD modes must be engaged and the CLMB mode will disengage if these conditions are not met, or if the vS drops out of this range. The IAS speed variable must be set because this is referenced by the CLMB mode - it will respond to changes in the set IAS value, but will disengage if the ISG1 VNAV mode is engaged, because thet mode also controls the VS variable. If the set altitude is reached, or above FL200 the VS limiter requires a VS lower than that requested by CLMB mode, the system will set the AP to VS / ALT hold and disengage. The AT area of the PFD annunciator shows CLIMB.

VS Limiter
Above FL200, the available positive vertical speed set in the VS selector is limited. The maximum available VS is calculated based on altitude and aircraft weight. The limiter is active in all modes.

V-speeds and flap speed guides
Several indicators are added to the VANS PFD speed ribbon. A red line is shown at the stall speed and an orange line is shown for the minimum safe speed, which is recalculated if the flaps are deployed (this is the speed at which the safety throttles will engage). A red and white line is show for the maximum safe speed (again this is the speed at which the safety throttles will engage). While the flaps are deployed, a green line is also shown to indicate the safe speed for retraction. When the TO mode is active, the V1, VR and V2 speeds are shown in green, and when the APPR mode is engaged, the VREF speed is indicated. The V speeds can also be shown using clickspots above (takeoff speeds) and below (VREF) the speed ribbon.

DH system
When the DH button is clicked, the DH is increased (right click) or decreased (left click) in 10 ft increments. The setting shows in the PFD for a few seconds when changed. On approach, when the DH is reached, an audible warning is sounded and the DH is shown in the PFD.

Working APU starter, BUS switches and start power limitations.
Electrical systems are now better simulated. Some electrical power is required in order to start the APU or engines.
-APU starter inoperable without battery power and start pump. Starter has a delay before the APU power is available.
-GEN will not engage if L or R BUS ties are off
-GPU power not available if GPU not on
-APU power not available if APU is not started
-IGN not available unless APU, GPU or other engine running.
-Starters will not operate without start power, start pump and IGN 
-HYD switches not available if L and R GEN not on
-Galley power not available without battery

Right click functions
Right click functionality added to many dials - usually these are 10x normal increment.

EHSI modifications
The EHSI now shows the NAV1 CDI only in the ND mode (accessed in the throttle area). A NAV2 CDI is also available from the FMS NAV-RAD page.

Cabin Pressure
Cabin pressurization and rate are automatically controlled and diplayed on the EICAS screen. The GPU and APU power mode annunciators are also shown.

Panel overlay lighting
Overlay lighting on main panel. This is a second overlay panel so please do not resize / move the main panel.

Attendant call and passenger sign chimes
Chime sounds added to the seatbelts, smoking and ATTND CALL buttons.

Radio audio panel
Default 747 Radio Audio panel added to the throttle quadrent.

Autobrakes
Autobrake system added to overhead panel.

Working door and stair switches
Switches added to overhead to open main doors and also to deploy airstairs.

Live speedbooklet
Speedbooklet added to panel. The appropriate speeds page is automatically shown.

Rain spray, reverser spray and flap vortices
Flap tip vortices, reverser spray and rain spray are displayed when the appropriate weather conditions are detected.

Flight number and registration
The ATC flight number and aircraft registration are shown on the panel

Installation

In your FS9\Gauges folder, find the cabinet file Vans717.cab (assuming you have the VANS aircraft) and rename it to Vans717.bak (this ensures that you have an unmodified version if you want to remove my panel!

From the panel pack, copy the contents of each folder to the respective folder in your FS installation:

Gauges -> FS9\Gauges
Sound -> FS9\Sound
Effects -> FS9\Effects
ISGconfig -> FS9\ISG\Aircraft
Airact_HJG_B712_FOLDER -> The folder where you have installed the HJG Boeing 717-200

Bugs and issues

Please report any bugs or strange behaviour you might notice with this panel. I have tried to test everything but of course there are some things I will not have tried! This version is a work in progress and once it is finished, I might consider requesting permission from VANS to release it. Meanwhile, please do not distribute this beyond the Blue1 Virtual Airline, unless you have been specifically given a link...

Known issues list:

- High N1 required for taxi : This is a problem with the HJG FDE and the friction constant in FS9. Look on the Virtual Blue1 forums for my tweaks thread, there is a modified sim1.dll file there which will help.
- ISG1 VNAV does not start descent automatically : The default VS is set to zero for a number of reasons. To make the ISG1 VNAV mode start the descent at the T/D point calculated by the Smiths FMS, you need to set the target altitude (ie the lower level) before the T/D. 

Sorry fellows, perhaps I should've said more.

Yes, it's safe, I use it. It's a fully featured 717 for FS9 utilizing the HJG model

• Upvote 1

FS2004 Forever