Sign in to follow this  
scnrfrq

MyTraffic 6 Wrong Textures for American

I have installed MyTraffic 6 and the new 6.0a beta update. This update was supposed to change the US Airways' A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 to the current American Airlines paint and callsign. However, when I go to Charlotte, a US Airways hub, I still see all the old US Airways colors for those types of planes, not American colors. The callsigns are also still Cactus.

I've looked at the cfg files for those planes, and the texture files. Looks OK from what I can tell. Can someone tell me how the old colors and call sign can still be showing up, when there are no texture files that point to those colors?

For the A319, as an example, open aircraft.cfg with Notepad and search for "American". There should be one entry, which uses texture My124. Now go into the Windows Explorer and find that texture folder. Set the display to "Extra Large Icons". Do you see the new livery or not? 

When I go to KCLT I see all the American colors on the airbus aircraft. The CRJs still have the US Airways liveries.  I was a little confused about installing this last beta4a update. I initially just copied over the executable update file and ran it. That didn't seem to work, so after rereading the instructions I realized that I was supposed to extract the zip file to my folder that contains the My Traffic folder. So I then copied over the new My Traffic folder that was in the zip file into the folder on my system that contains my existing My Traffic folder, replacing any duplicate files. Then I ran the executable update file again. I didn't run the communicator, just checked my simobjects.cfg and scenery library links to make sure they were still correct. I probably messed something up but it seems to work.

Three issues I've noticed.

1. The traffic densities have increased quite a bit. I had to lower my airline traffic setting from 15 down to 10% to get the same amount of traffic at airports and acceptable FPS.

2. I now get a missing xmlflap.wav content error when closing P3Dv3 down. This only occurs if I use P3Dv3 with airline traffic. If I set the traffic at zero I do not get this error when closing the sim.

3. A link to the new manual did not get added to the My Traffic folder in the start menu. I had to add that manually.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

For the A319, as an example, open aircraft.cfg with Notepad and search for "American". There should be one entry, which uses texture My124. Now go into the Windows Explorer and find that texture folder. Set the display to "Extra Large Icons". Do you see the new livery or not? 

For the A320, I have these 2 relevant entries:

[fltsim.78]

title=A320 MyPaint87

sim=A320

model=FSX-CFM56

texture=My87

atc_airline=CACTUS

atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP

atc_parking_codes=USA,AWE

ui_manufacturer=MT Airbus

ui_type=A320

ui_variation=US Airways 2007 colors

atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.217]

title=A320 MyPaint217

sim=A320

model=FSX-CFM56

texture=My217

atc_airline=AMERICAN

atc_parking_codes=AAL,USA,AWE

ui_type=A320

ui_variation=American ex US Airways

atc_heavy=0

The texture files themselves are.dds files and I can't open them or look at them for colors. I wonder if I'm not choosing the Summer, 2015 schedules correctly. Can you tell me how you did it?

When I go to KCLT I see all the American colors on the airbus aircraft. The CRJs still have the US Airways liveries.  I was a little confused about installing this last beta4a update. I initially just copied over the executable update file and ran it. That didn't seem to work, so after rereading the instructions I realized that I was supposed to extract the zip file to my folder that contains the My Traffic folder. So I then copied over the new My Traffic folder that was in the zip file into the folder on my system that contains my existing My Traffic folder, replacing any duplicate files. Then I ran the executable update file again. I didn't run the communicator, just checked my simobjects.cfg and scenery library links to make sure they were still correct. I probably messed something up but it seems to work.

Three issues I've noticed.P3D,

1. The traffic densities have increased quite a bit. I had to lower my airline traffic setting from 15 down to 10% to get the same amount of traffic at airports and acceptable FPS.

2. I now get a missing xmlflap.wav content error when closing P3Dv3 down. This only occurs if I use P3Dv3 with airline traffic. If I set the traffic at zero I do not get this error when closing the sim.

3. A link to the new manual did not get added to the My Traffic folder in the start menu. I had to add that manually.

Ted

I'm not using P3D, but I installed things as you did. My Communicator still says 6.0 though, not 6.0a. Burkhard also sees the Amerian colors, except for the CRJ's. Not sure what my problem is?

I installed a .dds file viewer, and opened the files. They do show the US Airways colors under fltsim.78 and the American colors under fltsim.217. So the textures are there. For some reason FSX thinks the airbuses should be in US Airways colors instead of American?

FWIW, in real life not all of the airplanes have been painted in the new livery.

NAX669.png

FWIW, in real life not all of the airplanes have been painted in the new livery.

I guess it takes quite awhile. But in MT 6, all the airbuses have been changed to American colors. I also see in my Traffic Toolbox, that the flights are showing as Cactus still, which would connect them to the US Airways colors. Somehow I need to change something so the flights are American in ATC, and the colors are American also.

Somehow I need to change something so the flights are American in ATC, and the colors are American also.

Simple enough, change the entries for your relevant AI aircraft.cfg's from atc_airline=CACTUS   to   atc_airline=AMERICAN

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Simple enough, change the entries for your relevant AI aircraft.cfg's from atc_airline=CACTUS   to   atc_airline=AMERICAN

I think I'll try deleting the fltsim.78 section tomorrow, and that should get rid of the Cactus entry altogether. Still not sure why it's working as is for everyone else though.

Getting rid of the entry will only remove it from your sim. MyT6 won't magically use the others. If you want all new American for the A320's, then simply change the entry in 78 to what it uses in 217 but leave the title the same. It's not rocket science.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Getting rid of the entry will only remove it from your sim. MyT6 won't magically use the others. If you want all new American for the A320's, then simply change the entry in 78 to what it uses in 217 but leave the title the same. It's not rocket science.

So, just to  verify, 78 would then look like this? Thanks for your help.

[fltsim.78]

title=A320 MyPaint87

sim=A320

model=FSX-CFM56

texture=My217

atc_airline=AMERICAN

atc_parking_codes=AAL,USA,AWE

ui_type=A320

ui_variation=American ex US Airways

atc_heavy=0

I think I may have a bigger issue. I tried to use the 1965 schedules at Charlotte, and no old planes appear. I still see all the US Airways Airbuses. I checked the 3  big mytraffic bgl files in Scenery, and they were all updated to the time I chose the schedules today. What do I need to to do now?

OK, here's where things stand now. I uninstalled MT 6 and then reinstalled it. Everything went fine. I then installed the 6.0a update. I chose the Summer 2015 Schedules and went to Charlotte. Still have all US Airways paints, and they are all still listed as CACTUS in the Traffic Toolbox Explorer.

Since everything looks fine as far as my installation, what can I do now to get it to work correctly? Everything always worked fine when I used the old MT 5.4c.

Looks like I fixed it. I found an old anfs2 traffic file from FS Live in my Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. I deleted it and now all is well.

Thanks.