Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Question about upcoming FSL A320

Am I correct that the initial release will be for FSX only, with P3D future option that is subject to resolution of legal issues (meaning that P3D release will be in limbo for some time)?

Thanks

Am I correct that the initial release will be for FSX only, with P3D future option that is subject to resolution of legal issues (meaning that P3D release will be in limbo for some time)?

Thanks

That is what I have read. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Maybe at release time there will be no FSX users anymore...

Just joking :-)

• Upvote 2

Artur 

Maybe at release time there will be no FSX users anymore...

Just joking :-)

He-he...like that idea :-)

Thanks

"Future option" sounds a bit as if it is an upgrade of the FSX version. Wouldn't count on that. The P3D version will most likely be a seperate purchase altogether.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

"Future option" sounds a bit as if it is an upgrade of the FSX version. Wouldn't count on that. The P3D version will most likely be a seperate purchase altogether.

I'm not surprised about separate purchase (kind of PMDG approach), but the timing of release is what puzzling me. Just wondering whether I should go with Aerosoft Airbus purchase or wait for FSL. If it's withing 6 months time frame (assuming that the product is in beta based on their comments), I'd rather wait. 

The other aircraft they make, The Concord,  which has been out for quite awhile, is still only available for FSX, not even FSX SE. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a P3D version of the Airbus. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The first release will be for FSX - scheduled for summer of 2022. And P3D release is scheduled for winter of 2032.  (Just kidding, guys)

It has been a long, long time since this has been "in the making."  I can only assume it has been an immensely arduous task considering the complexity of an Airbus. And I imagine , FSL is looking into developing a sim that will be as close as possible to the real a/c- minus the physical body. But, all in all I hope it's not much longer. I am pretty sure, they are looking into integrating  it into P3D, as well.

• Upvote 1

While FSL definitely did not hold the record of having the longest development cycle of a flightsim addon, they had taken long enough.

Yep, hope this really would be as impressive as it's currently slated to be.

I'm a liitle bit skeptical relating the release for P3D. I am afraid in the worst case we will never see a P3D-version.

But I hope I am wrong.

Patric

I'm a liitle bit skeptical relating the release for P3D. I am afraid in the worst case we will never see a P3D-version.

But I hope I am wrong.

Patric

Well it has been years since they released the Concord, and still no P3D version. That should tell you something. 

Well it has been years since they released the Concord, and still no P3D version. That should tell you something. 

But in their last update they announced that they will release the Concord for P3D.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT