Sign in to follow this  
itye1970

DO NOT BUY MEGA AIRPORT Packages and terrible aerosoft service!

I purchased mega airports from aerosoft but the replays do not show any AI aircraft at all in replay. If you are interested in making videos of your flights DONT buy them. The quality is also bad and even worse the customer service is dreadful from aerosoft.

I was refused a refund , they stated this was on the sales page but he wouldnt give the link to where this was stated, he said it was a known bug in FSX but it is not a BUG in FSX, because ORBX and UK2000 scenery works no problems with AI aircraft and replays.

Aerosoft customer service stinks, he was unhelpful, patronizing, smug and just kept saying its an FSX bug and no refund! I would suggest UK2000 scenery instead , better customer service.

Do not buy from them is my advice!

Awful product, awful customer service

That's unfortunate. Personally, I've found just the opposite. Anytime I've had a problem, they have been very helpful. It is the main reason why I feel confident buying from them. I hopoe you get this straightened up.

- Roger

Yet their new Nassau airport looks amazing, runs great and has tons of AI traffic running around it with Ultimate Traffic 2 and even WOAI.    You are sure you installed it all correctly?  Granted, Nassau is not a 'MEGA' airport but their quality of work is not terrible at all, at least not on this product.   Maybe they sucked in the past but they make gorgeous airports now.    Ah well. 

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have purchased only one airport from Aerosoft.

Have major elevation issue, reported by me and many users - still not addressed by Aerosoft.

That was first and last airport from that team. 

Artur 

I was refused a refund , they stated this was on the sales page but he wouldnt give the link to where this was stated, 

It's probably in the terms and conditions you clicked 'agree' to when you purchased it. And where did you get the idea that you could get a refund on a downloadable product? No refunds on downloads are ever offered unless the product comes in some sort of wrapper software like from Flight1. The best you could hope for is a replacement product, if anything. It's too bad that you had a problem with Aerosoft, but they're truly the best in the business and are very responsive and helpful, especially on their forums. As for your bug, sometimes having ground shadows on messes with AI. Try turning them off and see if it helps. 

Heathrow Extreme and Rome, both of them have empty airfields on replay mode. Its not an FSX bug as they stated as UK2000 airports and ORBX are fine. They shouldnt be blaming FSX bugs if other airports scenery packs are ok, that was just a kop out, they refused to issue a refund as well. Wont be buying from them again for sure. The quality of the airports are also sub standard, looks washed out, nothing compared to their website photos! I like to record my flights but its crap when you record a flight and land at an empty airport!

It's probably in the terms and conditions you clicked 'agree' to when you purchased it. And where did you get the idea that you could get a refund on a downloadable product? No refunds on downloads are ever offered unless the product comes in some sort of wrapper software like from Flight1. The best you could hope for is a replacement product, if anything. It's too bad that you had a problem with Aerosoft, but they're truly the best in the business and are very responsive and helpful, especially on their forums. As for your bug, sometimes having ground shadows on messes with AI. Try turning them off and see if it helps. 

Well i never found that I had a support call with them about another product for another simulator and they just closed it without resolving it! Now this issue, cant be bothered with this company anymore, will go elsewhere is all I can do and warn others of my experience ...thats all i can do. 

I have purchased only one airport from Aerosoft.

Have major elevation issue, reported by me and many users - still not addressed by Aerosoft.

That was first and last airport from that team. 

Wise...same here go for ORBX or UK2000 , better support, better service!

I thought it was fairly well known that the Replay function in FSX is fairly broken anyway, it's ok just to see how smooth a landing was or see it from another perspective but I've always found it to be jerky and very few of the animations on the aircraft actually show. X-Plane's replay is far, far better.

FS DreamTeam's airports are even worse in replay mode, as I think they code a lot of the airport objects external to FSX to make it run smoother, but a lot of the objects and textures don't show at all in replay.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

replay works great, only issue ive had is with aerosoft airports, I got xplane too but find it quite bland, the interface is awful , game is okay but for me no game got no atmsophere (excuse the pun)

On the whole, I usually find the quality of addons from Aerosoft to be good, if not excellent. HOWEVER, that for me, is something of a double edged sword now, as like the OP, I also find their customer service to be almost shocking. So much so, I will ONLY purchase from them, what I cannot get elsewhere.

I found their customer service to similar that of UK banks..... great on paper and in theory, but when it comes to the crunch, its actually quite poor. They can indeed be rather sharp and repetitive - almost like they have a script.

I have six of the Mega series airports installed, and a couple of others not currently installed. With the exception of Rome (had to redo the AFCAD), all have been excellent. I find that you get the customer service you deserve.

DJ

• Upvote 1

I can honestly say that I have never purchased anything from Aerosoft which can be labelled as 'poor quality'  - and I've purchased almost all the scenery there is.  Frame rate heavy...yes ..but definitely not poor quality.

Mathijs is all about quality and I think AS have pretty high internal standards when it comes to publishing new content.

Customer service...well, I might agree with you there...

I find that you get the customer service you deserve.

DJ

That's a rather """"interesting""" comment.  Don't think i'll bother to express my feelings about it here on Avsim though;-)

Dougal - you just go right ahead...

DJ

That's a rather """"interesting""" comment.  Don't think i'll bother to express my feelings about it here on Avsim though;-)

Dougal - you just go right ahead...

DJ

Don't Phil   :smile:

A company as big as Aerosoft has a lot to deal with (forum wize)  When complaining its all about how you lay out your stall,  Do it in a calm and detailed way.  I get the impression that the OP might of went in guns blazing  

• Upvote 3

I have a lot of AI and I have never seen AI on replay at any airport - not in FSX and not in FS9. It has always been my understanding that AI are disabled for replay.

I have a number of Aerosoft product, and I have been generally happy with my purchases over the years. 

• Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad