Sign in to follow this  
itye1970

DO NOT BUY MEGA AIRPORT Packages and terrible aerosoft service!

Don't Phil   :smile:

A company as big as Aerosoft has a lot to deal with (forum wize)  When complaining its all about how you lay out your stall,  Do it in a calm and detailed way.  I get the impression that the OP might of went in guns blazing  

Don't worry Elaine, I wouldn't dream of doing so. You put so eloquently what perhaps the OP and my 'friend' above might have managed on a better day;-)

I can and do however, understand the OPs frustration (anger?) about such things. I've noticed myself, that in recent years, I'm having to study FS publisher websites and licenses, much harder to find the the words they don't like to advertise quite so strongly;-)

• Upvote 1

A while back I asked a simple question in the i-Fly forum over at Flight-1, specifically which was the last version of the 737 before they managed to ruin the gauges with the over the top reflections, an easy one to answer you would have thought. but it was almost as if I had asked them to disclose state secrets.

Deleted the product after that exchange and have never bought there again, sometimes I wonder if these support folks realise the damage they can do to the Developers of the products they are trying to support.

Gentleman,

I would like to set a few things straight here.

The OP requested a refund for Mega Airport Rome and Mega Airport Heathrow Xtended because on these airports AI Traffic would vanish when using instant replay.

FSX:SE does not show aircraft in replay, on no scenery. This is simply a limitation in FSX:SE.
Anyone feel free to try this on any airport yourself.

Therefore the reason why this customer claim a refund has nothing to do with the products he bought and the refund has been denied.

I took  two videos for you to underline this statement:

The OP suggests we would have provided bad customerservice.
I have checked any conversation with him and can unfortunatly not second his opinion.

Please make yourself a picture.

First of all he wrote us a mail which we answered:

-2015-dec-9-002.jpg.e10ecabdacba4818d72c

And afterwards he started a livechat.

Obviously he changed his opinion on posting this chat though and thus I will paste it, so that you know both sides of the story:

Chat gestartet am Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2015 13:36:35

(13:36:35) *** Visitor 50952672 ist dem Chat beigetreten ***
(13:36:35) Visitor 50952672 ist jetzt bekannt als vc.
(13:36:35) vc: refund

(13:36:44) *** Fabian Boulegue ist dem Chat beigetreten ***
(13:36:49) Fabian Boulegue: Hello?
(13:37:10) vc: hello i purchased mega airport rome and heathrow but it doesn show any AI aircraft in replays
(13:37:20) Fabian Boulegue: Hello this is a know FSX bug
(13:37:26) Fabian Boulegue: and has nothing todo with the scenerys
(13:37:38) vc: but it works with orbx and uk2000 airports its just your products
(13:37:57) Fabian Boulegue: as i sad this is a know fsx bug, this has nothing todo with the scenerys and there is no work around
(13:38:08) vc: i would like a refund on these products as this is not stated whenyou purchse
(13:38:21) Fabian Boulegue: there is no way to refund in this case, sorry.
(13:38:30) vc: i dont think its an fsx bug otherwise it wouldnt work in my other airports
(13:39:45) vc: what a load of crap
(13:39:55) vc: cowboys
(13:40:09) vc: it is a fault with your productys as other products work fine!
(13:40:13) vc: its just yours
(13:40:41) Fabian Boulegue: As i sad before its a know fsx bug and has nothing todo with these scenerys (that are not made by us just sold by us) and made by diffrent developers
(13:41:06) vc: i dont buy that, why would you want to buy scenery wheere no ai is visible in the replays!
(13:41:20) Fabian Boulegue: to fly on it ;-)?
(13:41:41) Fabian Boulegue: As i sad Sir, there is no way to refund your order.
(13:41:50) vc: im sorry but your service is dreadful, i will take this further and post reviews about you r terrible service
(13:42:08) vc: i work for a review magazine and this is just terrible custoemr service
(13:42:22) vc: i will you smug arsehole
(13:42:31) Fabian Boulegue: you better watch your language
(13:42:33) vc: i will paste this conversation in the forums too!
(13:42:38) vc: or what!
(13:42:39) Fabian Boulegue: for sure you can
(13:42:53) vc: what a prat you really are!
(13:43:38) Fabian Boulegue: so i ll close this Communication now - as i told you, you better watch your language
(13:43:45) vc: you threatening me??
(13:44:00) vc: its my opinion you are an arsehole so sue me
(13:44:07) Fabian Boulegue: no i just informed you
(13:44:19) vc: no you are lying about the bug
(13:44:28) vc: have you got any IT qualifications?
(13:45:29) vc: i will report you too for lying and not providing any evidence of the bug
(13:45:51) vc: no law against calling you an arsehole
(13:45:53) Fabian Boulegue: so we will now block you from the chat, have a nice day.
Bye.
(13:45:55) vc: becasue you are
(14:05:42) *** vc hat den Chat verlassen ***

• Upvote 5

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

The "no AI on replay" bug applies wider than just Aerosoft products as far as I'm aware.

I think that the quality of recent Mega Airports from Aerosoft has been really excellent, and quite good value too.

I've also found that proper official support from Aerosoft has been excellent - although I've personally noted that one of two of the "Assistant Moderators" on their support forum can be a little curt and perhaps not always helpful.  But they are just there for community forum support.   When I've needed full support, it's always been great.

Looking at the chat conversation that Emanual has posted above, it seems to be that the OPs conduct and attitude was questionable - but I note that the support agent remained calm and professional throughout.

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I think there is a niche in the market for a good payware recorder app across all platforms(*cough* Aerosoft)

This is a video of UK2000 scenery using a reply I made and all aircraft are visible: I didnt go in all guns blazing I was very calm but the customer support assistant was very patronizing, said a flight sim is for flying! True it is but then why sell an airport with detail when no aircraft are visible when you are recording! He then went on to keep saying NO Refund! This is the same guy who closed a call with another issue I had with OMSI simulator when the call wasn't resolved. I removed the Mega Airport Heathrow and went to UK2000 and purchased 4 airports for 40.00 in their sales. Great customer service there, they even let me swap over cardiff airport for another airport free of charge as I had cardiff airport from FTX EU wales. This is what customer service is about, unlike Aerosofts useless service.

Below is a reply of Luton Airport done with a replay using Shadowplay and the airports and traffic are visible, this is what I wanted from aerosoft's aiport but its sadly lacking and nothind to do with any FSX bug!

Reading chat records provided by Emi it is clear that customer have crossed the line of proper communication...

• Upvote 4

Artur 

But where is the AI traffic in that video?
All I see are the same static aircraft that are also shown on the UK2000 advertisement screenshots which are fixed build into the scenery and no AI:

I do not see a single moving AI aircraft in your video.

gw4.jpg

• Upvote 4

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Unfortunately, I think the OP has confused static scenery aircraft with real time AI aircraft.

Both ORBX and UK2000 have static models as part of their scenery. The UK2000 models can be disabled in the airports config panel.

• Upvote 3

This is a video of UK2000 scenery using a reply I made and all aircraft are visible: I didnt go in all guns blazing I was very calm but the customer support assistant was very patronizing, said a flight sim is for flying! True it is but then why sell an airport with detail when no aircraft are visible when you are recording! He then went on to keep saying NO Refund! This is the same guy who closed a call with another issue I had with OMSI simulator when the call wasn't resolved. I removed the Mega Airport Heathrow and went to UK2000 and purchased 4 airports for 40.00 in their sales. Great customer service there, they even let me swap over cardiff airport for another airport free of charge as I had cardiff airport from FTX EU wales. This is what customer service is about, unlike Aerosofts useless service.

Below is a reply of Luton Airport done with a replay using Shadowplay and the airports and traffic are visible, this is what I wanted from aerosoft's aiport but its sadly lacking and nothind to do with any FSX bug!

I hope the mods close this thread before I post something I'm really going to regret. I'm trying to show restraint...really, I am...

Doug

• Upvote 6

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

In order to criticize someone you have to know what you are talking about. The OP clearly missed the mark.

Now, when will all those already updated Night Environment editions be released?   :P

Edited by olli4740
  • Upvote 2

I purchased mega airports from aerosoft but the replays do not show any AI aircraft at all in replay. If you are interested in making videos of your flights DONT buy them. The quality is also bad and even worse the customer service is dreadful from aerosoft.

I was refused a refund , they stated this was on the sales page but he wouldnt give the link to where this was stated, he said it was a known bug in FSX but it is not a BUG in FSX, because ORBX and UK2000 scenery works no problems with AI aircraft and replays.

Aerosoft customer service stinks, he was unhelpful, patronizing, smug and just kept saying its an FSX bug and no refund! I would suggest UK2000 scenery instead , better customer service.

Do not buy from them is my advice!

Awful product, awful customer service

Storming into a FSX/P3D forum with GTA5 manners will neither help you prove your point, nor win you much support.  It also doesn't help if your allegations are somewhat inaccurate

• Upvote 3

This topic has run its' course. There is nothing to be gained by keeping it going.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals