Sign in to follow this  
xv232

Windows explorer and .EXE files

Hi

Having a very annoying situation in which any downloaded files, for example, but not limited to ALL lhsimulations sceneries, Just Flight demo aircraft, or full-versions, etcetera. When clicked on, the cursor will rotate, as normal, but then the entire Windows Explorer freezes and stays that way for hours. After this, it just does not run at all, as if I have never clicked on it. I try restarting Explorer in the task manager but it does not come back after that so I have a blank screen afterwards. Any advice?

I's only been happening for the past few days but I do not recall installing anything recently.

George

Thanks Poppet, I tried as the article suggests but to no avail.

If it helps, I tried downloading the .exe files again, it freezes on the ''Running Security Scan'' bar along the bottom page, and the exe files I already have do not run at all, just like before. A conundrum indeed!

George

That's unfortunate George.  The only thing i can say is i use Google Chrome and have never had a problem.  Report back and tell us when you have solved your issue 

Elaine - Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. Chrome wouldn't help with this problem. :smile:

George - Did you clean the registry before trying to install the new explorer files?  Sounds like the problem I had once where I had some corrupt entries.

After cleaning and reinstalling some files, problem went away.  Good luck.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals