Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Uninstalling P3D 2.5?

What is the best way to do this?  I'm pretty much committing to v3 as of now (keeping fsx and 2.5 for a little while longer while I beta test a plane)

I've got tons of addons too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Normal uninstall from Control Panel, Programs and Features, will "release" the licence, permitting a reinstall on this - or any other - PC.  HTH  Regards.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

What is the best way to do this?  I'm pretty much committing to v3 as of now (keeping fsx and 2.5 for a little while longer while I beta test a plane)

I've got tons of addons too

I would uninstall like pmdg and complex addons first and then uninstall it from control panel as u would normaly do. i just went a full swing migration from 2.5 to 3.0 and one thing that bit me in a__ is backup ur c:\users\<username>\appdata\lockheed martin\p3dv2\*.* directory.

and do same thing for ur my documents etc p3d stuff.  Lost my logbook in migration process by mistake. 

other then that migration turned down to making sure u get latest addon's installers and full swing install them into 3.0. 

so far i have 0 regrets with 3.0.

good luck.

Thanks.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you don't uninstall it but just park the entire Prepar3D v2 folder off onto a backup drive you regain the space and if you ever wanted to test something out in v2.x you can always copy it back and fire it up in a matter of minutes. If you make a dummy Prepar3D v2 folder in it's place you'll also have an empty folder to fire installers into that haven't been made v3 compliant yet. :smile:

I just used the P3D 2.5 uninstall option, which left me with a folder with all the P3D addons that I had installed ( not alot).  I then renamed that P3D V2 folder, to see if anything bad happened when I did that. After two weeks, I deleted that folder. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310