Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I'm considering to buy an WQHD monitor for P3D but I'm a bit worried about the performance penalty it may cause.

I have a pretty beefy system (Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.6 + 6GB 980Ti) but coming from HD it implies an pixel increase of 70%.

Most of the time I fly the PMDG NGX, Majestic Q400 and other like wise aircraft. Also I use detailed airports, REX, ASE, etc.

30fps is about the minimum I would like to achieve under most/all circumstances.

What are you experiences? Does impose 1440p a big performace decrease compared to 1080p?

Egbert

P.S. Forgot to ask: Does 1440p also has a negative impact on VAS memory because of increased resultion

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Unless you have very high AA settings a 980Ti should be more than adequate. I went from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 with a 760 and didn't notice a difference.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your advise.

I bought a Dell U2715H and I'm very happy with it. Crisp graphics and very nice colors.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

How is it?

The monitor itself is nicely designed.

It has lots of settings which I didn't use so far except for the choise of input method (mini display port). Initially I had a black screen until I changed the input method.

Also luckily the 980Ti supports Display Port because I read quite a few messages of people not being able to use full resolution using HDMI connection.

I don't know if that is HDMI/cable or hardware (graphics card) related.

The display itself is very nice and crisp. One of the best monitors I've ever had.

I bought it solely based on reviews I read. 

I primarily use it for Flight simulator purposes so I don't know how it behaves with FPS like Battlefield. It is an IPS screen and they tend not to have the fastest refresh rates.

But as I said: I'm a happy camper (on my way to KWYS  :wink: )

Oh that sounds like a great monitor.

I went ahead and bought an LG 34UC97C-B last week and must say I love it and can't wait to get P3D running on it. I decided against 4K, and am more than happy with this...

Adam