Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

FlightFactor Boeing 767 soon...

Looks good but will check out reviews videos first. A video showing the main features would have been more useful, than Thomas' eye candy / wet dream one lol.

There at least 4 streams already of ~1.5-2 hours flight.

People just say "pass" because of their previous products , which I don't have but I'm aware of their issues.

So Im not a fan of their products , but I really suggest for you folks to not judge yet.

I wathced al the streams , this 767 seems to be awesome.

The cockpit is really beautiful and the colors look great in each time/weather.

Someone mentioned wrong gears , so check carefully , it is fixed and the animation is correct (I also commented on their thread at the org when it was wrong)

What issues ?

Try derating the engines using assumed temp. That is just one of the many technical errors

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

There at least 4 streams already of ~1.5-2 hours flight.

People just say "pass" because of their previous products , which I don't have but I'm aware of their issues.

So Im not a fan of their products , but I really suggest for you folks to not judge yet.

I wathced al the streams , this 767 seems to be awesome.

The cockpit is really beautiful and the colors look great in each time/weather.

Someone mentioned wrong gears , so check carefully , it is fixed and the animation is correct (I also commented on their thread at the org when it was wrong)

I absolutely agree and thank you for bringing this out there. 

Throwing my 2 cents out here - 

People are saying "pass" from their past products. But ever considered the changes that went into the product? 

I've watched all the live streams from the 2 beta testers, and they featured enough for one smart simmer to come down to a conclusion that the aircraft is *the* 767 we've (or at least *I've*) been waiting for for the X-Plane 10 community and in my opinion the systems outbeat Level-D's 767.

This simulation of the 767 is focused on the systems aspect - the aircraft software and how detailed it's simulated, not how much eye-candy one can get, even though it's already beautiful is every aspect. 

And sure, it will have some sort of bugs, but that's the way software development is. There's no piece of software that's absolutely correct. 

I played a small minuscule role contributing to updates for the Aerowinx PSX 747-400. It's a professional sim used by training centres such as one at KLM. It is still, to this day, being updated because of errors, bugs... etc. And this is a sim that can be used for professional training. 

FlightFactor is an entertainment simulator, not like the sim I assisted. It could have bugs... It will have bugs... but that doesn't mean it's a showstopper, unless its something serious - but if it did, beta testers would have caught it. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, even if you're not buying the product, at least give them a chance and not come to conclusions based on past products instantly. Wait for reviews to come in. I'll certainly be writing one and if AVSIM allows me, I'll be posting it here. 

(disclaimer - I am NOT part of Flight Factor, nor am I representing FF in any way. I am just a customer, like many of you. And what I wrote is my own personal opinion, and I have absolutely zero intentions of criticizing anyone)

• Upvote 4

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I agree with Henry on the subject. Wait till they actually release the product before you decide to hang them. Anyways, my hat's off to this group of developers who have stuck with X-Plane where others have turned up their noses.

• Upvote 2

Sorry guys, track record matters.

The tech errors I found in just a few flights were so glaring that it would have been impossible to miss had they been going for study level

• Upvote 2

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Makes me glad that I am not that technical. I just get in 757, program the fmc, take off and autoland at the destination. It all works great without me searching for small errors. 

• Upvote 3

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Guys, do you have any links for these beta streams? Google, Twitch and YouTube have yielded nothing for me.

I am hoping the 767 will be as good as it looks, all I said was that I would wait until I saw some reviews. Some people feel that they have been shortchanged in the past and have expressed their reluctance to jump in on day one. That is understandable, they do charge premium prices for their products, but unfortunately have a record of quickly moving on to the next project leaving many customers feeling that older products have not reached their full "potential".

Sorry guys, track record matters.

Or you know, they could take what they learned with past products and apply it to their next release. 

And we have so few developers for X-Plane that aim to make a high quality, complex aircrafts, do we really need to bash someone's product before it's even released?

Wait for reviews, videos and streams and then judge it. 

• Upvote 5

Here's a link to one of the beta testers' Twitch. You can see all of the previous broadcasts

http://www.twitch.tv/emmab2006/profile

Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately my worst fears have been realised : they have once again put a passenger staircase on the forward catering door. WTH has no-one in beta told them this is crazy? (sigh) Here's hoping the systems etc are tight. Sorry I don't mean to sound petty but this is something that has bugged me since the 777 was released!

Or you know, they could take what they learned with past products and apply it to their next release. 

And we have so few developers for X-Plane that aim to make a high quality, complex aircrafts, do we really need to bash someone's product before it's even released?

Wait for reviews, videos and streams and then judge it.

I compare FF with captain sim as far as far as accuracy

Hopefully they make me change my viewpoint. I will not trust any reviews and I will not purchase, if somebody is willing to do so when it comes out perform some tests on the systems that I will give them to perform and if it passes then I will buy it.

Mike Avallone

I compare FF with captain sim as far as far as accuracy

One of The best comparisons I ever heard of. Nothing to add.

One of The best comparisons I ever heard of. Nothing to add.

Really?

I remember the 757 review on 6 pages in FS MAGAZIN (2014) in which Andreas Pinheiro, experienced Boeing pilot working for a big German airline, concluded that FF are on their way of becoming X-Plane's PMDG and that there is no better 757 for ANY simulator. Andreas is nobody who just writes reviews based on first impressions, visuals etc. He also wrote about shortcomings, but if you read a review of a CaptainSim product in FS MAGAZIN, there's a big difference.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Really?

I remember the 757 review on 6 pages in FS MAGAZIN (2014) in which Andreas Pinheiro, experienced Boeing pilot working for a big German airline, concluded that FF are on their way of becoming X-Plane's PMDG and that there is no better 757 for ANY simulator. Andreas is nobody who just writes reviews based on first impressions, visuals etc. He also wrote about shortcomings, but if you read a review of a CaptainSim product in FS MAGAZIN, there's a big difference.

I also remember this.

As I said in my long comment a few posts above - it's small steps to success. And I think this 767 will be very successful. Of course, this is all based on what the Dev and Beta team have presented.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design