Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

FlightFactor Boeing 767 soon...

Yup, I expect it to be up by tomorrow or the day after. It's the season of final exams at my university so I'll be a bit busy today. 

Excellent, Henry,  looking forward to your review. Do you have any real-life experience on that aircraft?

Cheers, Jan

None :ph34r: I'm working towards an ATPL, but not yet. The keyword is "yet". 

My professional experience on the Boeings mainly come from working with training software at a private training institute. 

My specialty is in the EGPWS and runway-alertness systems; - I study the warning system(s) inside out and replicate it exactly on the simulators. 

Having said that, I'll point out - the EGPWS look-ahead display implemented on the FlightFactor 767 is spot on. It looks exactly like my implementations. And I mean exactly spot on!  B)

• Upvote 1

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Hank.

Where are you publishing the review. I am looking forward to reading it.

Many thanks for your time and trouble, to help us all choose this 767.

ww1459.png

Hank.

Buy it .... its the best

Hank.

No problem at all!

I'm currently installing Apache2 on my webserver and I'll start a new site to publish this review & many more to come in the future.

It's coming! I finished my exam yesterday so I'll have all day today to wrap it all up.

• Upvote 1

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Glad to see interest in the different platforms. Just to clarify, Avsim has also been working on a review of this aircraft and a few other X-Plane products.

Great to have choices all around

• Upvote 2

The review is done, the webserver domain propagated, and everything is uploaded! 

Here is the link to the review: http://simreview.ca/FFSS767/ffss767.html

Before anyone decides to immediately criticize me and say "I've seen reviews much better", please allow me to say that this is the very first time I've ever written a review about... anything! I'm usually the one reading ratings and reviews, but this is the first time I've stepped out to actually write one (directly in HTML5 code without drafting in Microsoft Word!). 

However, I'm not saying don't give me feedback at all! If you have constructive feedback, please feel free to send me a private message and let me know how I did. Know that I will ALWAYS keep this updated with revisions. So if you think there's a feature I missed or if I didn't fully explain a feature, please let me know! I would love to hear your feedback. 

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for your interest and support. Wishing you all the best for the holidays and happy flying! 

With best regards,

- Henry D. C. 

• Upvote 3

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

The review is done, the webserver domain propagated, and everything is uploaded!

Nice review, well done esp. for the first time!

Just one remark, you wrote:

And notice how FlightFactor is the very first developer to bring a working TERR to X-Plane 10 :-)

Actually, the first working terrain display was in JGX' Cessna Corvalis, several years ago. Later, the JAR Design A320 got a terrain view. More recent aricraft with terrain views are the Carenado CT182 and the SSG Boeing 747-8 (in its latest update).

• Upvote 2

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Nice review, well done esp. for the first time!

Thank you! 

Actually, the first working terrain display was in JGX' Cessna Corvalis, several years ago. Later, the JAR Design A320 got a terrain view. More recent aricraft with terrain views are the Carenado CT182 and the SSG Boeing 747-8 (in its latest update).

Immediately corrected and updated! Should be live on the webserver any second now. 

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Very good review, Hank. I have never done one yet, and you give me hope that I might at some future time do one :)

I do have several questions. Firstly, I see reference to a "PMDG" quality, both in your review and in other material. Is it possible to save a situation with aircraft state saved also, so that a flight can be resumed at a later time? This may be beyond the XPX possibilities too, I realize, but it's one of the things that I do really like about the PMDG simulations.

The second question is that you entered the aircraft in what looks to be a "short turn" mode, where the displays and other avionics are on (rather than cold and dark). This may relate to my first question above- but is there a setup menu somewhere that configures the aircraft state before the flight? Or did you just choose to not start the XP sim at "cold and dark"?

Thanks again, my appetite for this aircraft is growing! :)

Bruce.

Hey Bruce,

Very good review, Hank. I have never done one yet, and you give me hope that I might at some future time do one :)

Thanks for your kind words  :smile:

I do have several questions. Firstly, I see reference to a "PMDG" quality, both in your review and in other material. Is it possible to save a situation with aircraft state saved also, so that a flight can be resumed at a later time? This may be beyond the XPX possibilities too, I realize, but it's one of the things that I do really like about the PMDG simulations.

That's a really massive point you bring up and I'm actually opening up my website code to add this in. Unfortunately, saving panel states is not the thing that is included by default. What I have going on is I am trying to setup scripts that run automatically to flick switches, push buttons, turn knobs... etc. so that it puts the aircraft into a "flyable" state while loading a situation, and I just hit pause, throw the route into the FMC, and reactivate LNAV, VNAV. 

When I said PMDG quality, I meant the level of systems detail, level of graphics detail, and the amount of time I spent reading the real 767 FCOM to be able to even rotate out of a runway. Pretty much study-sim quality. 

The second question is that you entered the aircraft in what looks to be a "short turn" mode, where the displays and other avionics are on (rather than cold and dark). This may relate to my first question above- but is there a setup menu somewhere that configures the aircraft state before the flight? Or did you just choose to not start the XP sim at "cold and dark"?

The aircraft, by default, loads with the engines on, IRS aligned, and in a "ready for taxi" state, pretty much like when you first load up any PMDG aircraft in FSX/P3D. I just taxied to the gate, connected the GPU & air conditioning, and cut the engines. 

I wrote that I entered the aircraft in a "short turnaround" configuration as part of the story narrative of the review  B)

Hope that clears some confusion! Ok, now off to add more code to the review HTML to address this issue!

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Thanks Hank, that's what I thought. I have very limited time for simming unfortunately, so the concept of returning to a saved flight is an awesome resource. I also like "parking" a flight near TOD and changing the weather/ active runways and repeating the approach and landing.

Thanks again for the review, Bruce

would anybody care to setup a flight for me and I will give the numbers to plug in so I can see if FF fixed their engine management

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB