Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Animated Waves in V3

this is not the same company that made the ocean in p3d

Yeah, actually it's the same water code. All of the possible features aren't programmed into Prepar3D

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Does this also affect ASN when enabled I haven't installed yet but about to install it in the next 30 min or so

If ASN is being used you do NOT want to mess with any of these weather settings.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Ed beat me to it, but yes it's the same company, just not ALL features enabled ... most likely because at a global scale performance would be significantly impacted.

They should add a slider... (To our own demise haha!)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Problem is it's never "to our own demise" ... 185,000 "I can max out GTA V on my 10 year old laptop, why not P3D" threads later ... the Force awakens  :Peace:

I realized that I have to delete the shader folder everytime I switch textures using REX4 texture direct, otherwise there are some issues. Might be worth to try once when you do not see proper water and wave animation after repeatedly changing the water textures via REX menue.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Here's a quick video:

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: YouTube may take 30 mins or so to finalize it in 4K

Very nice Rob, with default like this who needs addon water!  I will hazard a guess that this is 3.1 though, since you are hardly likely to be running an older version when 3.1 will be out before xmas, and I saw that the large ship's wake towards the beginning completely followed the waves rather than being flat cutting through them...?    Perhaps the fact I'm running an AMD card is a factor as well in not seeing exactly what you do, I'll remedy that over time :P  Thanks very much for that, it will provide hope instead of despair for Chris at least!  Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Perhaps the fact I'm running an AMD card is a factor 

I don't know, I haven't used an AMD card with P3D ... thought about it, but backed out.  LM seem to be working with nVidia and nVidia are providing driver support, so those are the GPUs I've been using.  Do you know if AMD have specific driver support for P3D and Crossfire support?  I stopped following AMD when they indicate they will ONLY support "exclusive full screen mode" for Crossfire.

Cheers, Rob.

I don't know, I haven't used an AMD card with P3D ... thought about it, but backed out.  LM seem to be working with nVidia and nVidia are providing driver support, so those are the GPUs I've been using.  Do you know if AMD have specific driver support for P3D and Crossfire support?  I stopped following AMD when they indicate they will ONLY support "exclusive full screen mode" for Crossfire.

Cheers, Rob.

No idea Rob, I'm not a ###### of either manufacturer.  I bought the 7950 about 4 years ago because the deal provided the best bang for the pound when I moved to multiple screens on FSX back then.  That was before LM came on the scene at all so I have no qualms now about changing direction if necessary :)  Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

What GPU do have? ... do NOT use reshade or any product that replaces DXGI ...

Cheers, Rob.

So Rob… That's the second time that I've seen you advise not using Reshade… Is it is under certain circumstances or are you totally off the notion of using Reshade?

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Is it is under certain circumstances or are you totally off the notion of using Reshade?

DXGI.DLL is a core component of DirectX provided by Microsoft ... if you do a properties on the Microsoft DXGI.DLL ... "Direct X Graphics Infrastructure".  I would and will never condone the replacement and/or substitution of a core OS file.  It's hard enough to get flight simulators to work correctly "as is" ... bypassing a core DX file just adds another level of things to check that could go wrong.

As I understand it (for re-shade) is doesn't actually replace the DXGI.DLL (I don't think the OS would allow that to happen and/or OS would restore the original version) in the Windows\System folders, it relies on a common binding that looks for local path from EXE startup first, the actual registered DLL will not be used (at least in theory as this isn't reliable in all environments).

Here is more info on DXGI.DLL 

http://windows10dll.nirsoft.net/dxgi_dll.html

It's essentially an additional layer of post processing effects applied in real time ... nothing is ever free in terms of CPU/GPU.  Here is quote from the ReShade readme.txt

Manually:

~~~~~~~~~

Figure  out  if  the  game  executable  is  32bit or  64bit  and  copy  either
ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll into the parent directory of that executable:

Figure out which  API the game uses for rendering, or any of the following DLL
names the game loads and rename the DLL you just copied to that:
- Direct3D8 => d3d8.dll
- Direct3D9[Ex] => d3d9.dll
- Direct3D10+ => dxgi.dll
- OpenGL => opengl32.dll (for 64bit too)

Yeah, no thanks!

But I honestly can't find any use for re-shade, P3D has HDR adjustments in the UI (and some not in the UI but can be adjusted via .cfg).

But hey, if you like ReShade and it works for you and doesn't cause any problems (performances, OOM, CTDs) then go for it.  There are two very popular tools I'll never use:

1. EMT

2. ReShade/SweetFX

Cheers, Rob.

Wow.  What resolution are you running?

Can being at 4k be a problem?

My water looks NOWHERE close to that good.  SUPER jealous.

water here the same just fine at medium :-) default textures for water and HDR p3d no need for something different :-)

André

It's not a post process, nor a replacement of dxgi.dll.  Inserting the file into the P3D folder allows an intercept of all dx11 calls used in p3d.  Those calls must be passed on to dxgi.dll in the system32 folder or p3d won't work (Or the intercepting dll must do all that the the original dll does).  This is known as dll injection.  The intercepted calls can be changed in some way, parameters injected, or redirected to different directx funtions, before being forwarded to the original dll.  This makes it an early part of the graphics pipeline, not post process.  Much of what reshade, if not all, doesn't really require being before post-process, so if their shaders could be written as a p3d post process they should work just as well.  The reason for reshade is most games do not have a post-process method, and this gives access.   If this injection dll is not streamlined, or more specifically the shaders used in it, it can cause a bottleneck or stutter not there before.   P3D is highly tuned and any is probably particularly susceptible to any timing changes incurred by injection.  I've been playing around with Reshade, injection code, shaders, and P3D's post process, trying to fix the distortions seen in the periphery of large high FOV views.  I have fixed the view, completely, possibly with an general AA fix as a byproduct, but there are a few issues with performance I want to iron out before I put this it out there for everyone (that Can Be Fixed, but not going to take the time to discuss it here).

One of the reasons Reshade causes stutter is it does multiple iterations over the texels for multiple shaders where it would only have to do one (spread out too much over time), and vice-versa (trying to put too much in the pipe at once).  Again, flow control.

• Upvote 1

I've been playing around with Reshade, injection code, shaders, and P3D's post process, trying to fix the distortions seen in the periphery of large high FOV views.  I have fixed the view, completely, possibly with an general AA fix as a byproduct, but there are a few issues with performance I want to iron out before I put this it out there for everyone (that Can Be Fixed, but not going to take the time to discuss it here).

Is this a continuation of your fisheye shader that you were working on previously?