Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Simcoders REP for F33 Bonanza Out

Will definitely be picking this up.  However, December is always so hectic that I'll likely wait until I'm off for the holidays before doing so, since my flying time has been pretty near nil in the last week or so.

That has the added advantage of possibly being able to take advantage of a Carenado Xmas sale, if one should appear.

Very much looking forward to flying the F33 again, I've spent many, many hours in it in FSX.  This'll be a whole new ball game!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Keep the REP's coming! This made the C210 my favorite GA in X-plane, I'm sure it'll do wonders for the F33 as well. 

Two down, many more to go  :smile:

It does wonders, especially with the sound. But at the moment there is a slight glitch. You have to put the cowl flaps on keys or buttons. Somehow you can't open or close them with your mouse.

That has the added advantage of possibly being able to take advantage of a Carenado Xmas sale, if one should appear.

PC Aviator USA has one on right now, perfect timing!  :smile:

I picked up the F33A on sale. I must say that this version is even better than the FSX version. Fantastic!

I will certainly add REP.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

A few years ago, when I first started flirting with X-plane (coming from P3d/FSX), I wasn't too excited about XP10 at that time and the default planes were not very good. I bought the Bonanza as a test as my first pay ware plane for XP. From that moment on, I was hooked on X-plane10.  Since then, I bought many pay ware planes for XP and X-Plane itself has transformed over the years, but the Bonanza was the addon that got me to switch. 

Now with REP, its going to be my favorite GA plane. I love its sporty feel and cockpit layout. Its a lot of fun to fly.

Rob

• Upvote 2

A few years ago, when I first started flirting with X-plane (coming from P3d/FSX), I wasn't too excited about XP10 at that time and the default planes were not very good. I bought the Bonanza as a test as my first pay ware plane for XP. From that moment on, I was hooked on X-plane10.  Since then, I bought many pay ware planes for XP and X-Plane itself has transformed over the years, but the Bonanza was the addon that got me to switch. 

Now with REP, its going to be my favorite GA plane. I love its sporty feel and cockpit layout. Its a lot of fun to fly.

Rob

The Carenado F33A has long been among my favorites in FSX, even with the last few years bringing (in FSX) aircraft of higher fidelity and graphical 'prettiness'.  In my simulated hanger, it still holds it's own among the A2A and RealAir offerings. It's very much a great feeling aircraft to fly, and I've always returned to it.

I had yet to pick it up in XP since I didn't see the benefit in owning it for both platforms.  However, the REP addon changes all of that... now I'm going to be sad that my FSX version isn't finished to that level!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Rob

I feel the same way about The Baron,It really feels so comfortable to me,I'd love if they did this fantastic twin.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Does anyone know if the Carenado + Expansion Pack is more realistic than the AirFoil Labs Cessna?  Looking for most realistic experience...and since I don't yet have this particular carenado the cost is the similar.  Recommendations?  Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Carenado + Expansion Pack is more realistic than the AirFoil Labs Cessna?  Looking for most realistic experience...and since I don't yet have this particular carenado the cost is the similar.  Recommendations?  Thanks!

well it is certainly on par, saying what is the most realistic is hard to say, as they are different models. However i have to say REP is adding more and more functionallity onto each plane with each update. So personally i find REP more convincing. The model of the Airfoillab is certainly more beautiful though as REP has to work with the carrenado models.

Thanks alpha...appreciate the reply and after posting figured it wouldn't be so clear-cut or I would have already found the answer.  ;)  

Just a follow-up...finally picked up the F33 REP and I must say, the plane is so much more real feeling...much more controllable...even taxiing.  Feels like a different plane.  Completely worth the cost IMO...fortunately I picked up the F33 during the holiday sale...now wish I had grabbed the centurion too.  Not a pilot IRL...but this exceeded my expectations.  Some planes seem too difficult to fly (won't stay trimmed at constant speed, climb nose up on take off even with supposed proper settings, etc)...this one NOW feels realistic.  Recommended.

i got my c210 with store points from the .org store, these small planes are ideal for that because they dont cost to much and sadly reaching 600 points is quite easy for an addict :D

I read the long rich feature list,  and was amazed when it said at the bottom of the list "And much more!". 

Bob

• Upvote 1