Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Simcoders REP for F33 Bonanza Out

Greetings, 

I am a long term FSX and Carenado F33A user. Is there any possibility of at least certain elements of the Sc REP for the F33 working with FSX? 

I don't have a clue of X-Plane world and what it would mean for hardware (e.g. CH Yoke/Rudder, Saitek TQ, etc). I haven't yet checked, but I imagine these questions can be answered somewhere within this forum. 

Any advice, suggestions or recommendations will be much appreciated. 

Les Parson

I am a long term FSX and Carenado F33A user. Is there any possibility of at least certain elements of the Sc REP for the F33 working with FSX? 

Well,

Lets look into what Dan Klaue and his Team has to do to convert a FSX-plane:

They take the original 3D models, the textures ahnd the sound recordings of the FSX plane.

Then they have to modify the 3D models. In FSX you have an inerior model and an exterior model. X-Plane on the other hand has one 3D model that contains the whole plane. After this is done they have to genrate a new plane in PlaneMaker. There they have to put the 3D model together with an aerodynamic model of the plane. They have to add the engine, its profiles, the basic controls, the instruments and so on. Then they add a number of plug-ins.

This is they reason why X-Plane Carenados always behave differently to their FSX predecessors. They are new planes with the X-Plane default engine, their own aerodynamik model and several plug-ins that improve the flight model and add new features.

And what does simCoders do? They add a few of their own models that replace parts of the default logic of X-Plane. Then they replace the aerodynamic model, add additional sound effects and replace the sound logic of the Carenado planes. So even Carenado can´t really say how the new enhanced plane behaves.

And now tell me how anyoune should convert parts of these enhancements back into the FSX?

It would be more or less a rewrite of the internal flight model in FSX.

There is no way to directly convert a plane from FSX to X-Plane or vise versa. It is more or less a total exchange of the flight model.

Got it; thanks very much. 

Why don't just bite the bullet and buy XPX with the REP ADD-ON, it's awesome !

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Why don't just bite the bullet and buy XPX with the REP ADD-ON, it's awesome !

I'm really thinking about doing as you suggest. A couple of quick XP10 questions if you don't mind:

1.) I assume I can operate FSX and XP10 on the same Win 7/64 PC w/ 3-monitors?

2.) Can I use the same hardware (e.g. CH Elite Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Saiteq TQ)?

2.) Does XP10 have AI traffic?

3.) Does XP10 have ATC?

4.) Does XP10 have payware aircraft repaints?

Many thanks.

Yes to all teh above, good to get a video card with 4 gig VRAM xplane will use most of it. XPLANEsS AI traffic is sparse but you can get addons just like FSX. ATC is IFR only hope thye fix it fro landing at non controlled aiprts as you cant follow proceduers ie declaring runway intentions etc, but the ATC seems more accurate at getting you to the correct runway. Once 10.5 is released and more airports are updated for correct taxying it should get a lot better. Xplane 10.5 wil spawn lots of aircraft for aiports that are dont to make the airport look busy but only have a few AI planes running which helps with framerates. A work in progress but ATC will even hold you when crossing runways which FSX doesnt do,

I know this is unrelated to the F33, but can anyone tell me if the REP works properly for the F35 in 10.50? I would really like to buy it, but I'm just not sure if it works properly.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Well, there is no F35, but the Carenado V35 works great together with the V35 REP plugin under 10.45 and 10.50.

• Upvote 1

I ordered X-Plane 10 from Amazon with an ETA of tomorrow, 8/22. I didn't think v10.50 was released. I assume updates can be downloaded; can you advise where?

thanks.

I ordered X-Plane 10 from Amazon with an ETA of tomorrow, 8/22. I didn't think v10.50 was released. I assume updates can be downloaded; can you advise where?

10.50 is in the release candidate state.

Since you are buying the DVD Version: Simply Download the latest installers/updaters from

http://www.x-plane.com/downloads/x-plane_10_installer-updater/

to install X-Plane on your computer simply make a new directory on a drive like F:/X-Plane 10 and simply tell the installer to install in this directory.

When you start X-Plane it automatically looks for updates and installs them.

I simply started with X-Plane 10.03 andf from then on it simply updated without any major problems by itself.

How often did I completly install/reinstall P3D? 7 or 8 times.

Well, there is no F35, but the Carenado V35 works great together with the V35 REP plugin under 10.45 and 10.50.

Good to know, thx.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Just bought the REP for V35 and its amazing :)

One question for all the REP users. Does X-plane's replay system works with REP or it will cause problems such as system damage etc?

EDIT: After watching a replay I was constantly nagged about MAN and RPM problems and such and once I stopped watching the plane violently launched into the air. I guess it's not really compatible :(

Asus STRIX GTX 1080