Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Tech Question Re FSGenisis Mesh in P3D

I have a large amount of Justin's FSG mesh, purchased over several years. One of the issues with Justin's old installers, was a lack of consistancy regarding how and where the files were installed. A great deal of it went into the many sub directories of the main Scenery folder (including scenery/world/scenery), while later installers place them in the Addon Scenery Library, where it just needed activating.

My question....

Is it feasible to put ALL the files into one or more new scenery folders in the library, and simply activate it there?

If so, then using this in P3D would be MUCH simpler, and probably safer.

I am aware of the Free Mesh Global, but I don't think it's the same LOD is it?

Any mesh can be installed outside of the main folders.

You could try installing it to a test folder, and then see how the folder structure is laid out.

Don't know much about the LOD of FSGenesis, but if it's their $20 World Terrain Mesh, then FreeMeshX is slightly higher LOD.

I did the cumbersome approach and simply copied each and every FS Genesis mesh file from the FSX folders to the corresponding P3D folders. Took me about 10 Minutes, but it worked.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

A technical question about mesh in general - other than the LOD difference, do mesh products work across FS9, FSX, P3D?  Or are there programming differences also?  (I ask because I have a ton of mesh regions from FS9)

Thanks.

Ron