Sign in to follow this  
Nico87

The Reality Expansion Pack for Carenado's Bonanza F33A is now out!

I'll have to do that.  I'm still having major issues here.  I actually can't get it to function properly at all, and I normally consider myself to be very good at troubleshooting.  Disappointing, since my time available to work with stuff like this is very limited at the moment.

It's worthwhile to note that a clean installation of the F33 is fine, as is the F33 after I 'disable' the REP installation.

*update*

It looks like one of the scripts I was using with FlyWithLua was causing an issue.  Removing all scripts from it enabled the aircraft to function properly.  I'm hoping that it wasn't RTH that was causing the issues... Anyhow, a short flight later, and yes, the aircraft (and REP) is working perfect.

Very well done.  Handles very nicely.  Love the startup with the nice prop animation, and the sounds are excellent.

Nice to see that you solved the problem. I'm using RTH too but I'm not having those issues. Maybe you just need to update it to the latest version (the same may be valid for FlyWithLua).

A later (after some left seat time) thought:  I noticed that in order to replace the static elements after a flight, you can't seem to do that from the Carenado menu.  I was only successful in doing so by doing a walk-around again at the end of the flight, toggling the chocks, tie-downs and covers.

Unless I'm missing something, it might be a neat idea to have a post-flight walkaround panel, aimed primarily at correctly stowing the aircraft.

Has there been any thought given to widening the scope of the pre-flight activities?  Draining fuel, checking oil levels, that sort of thing?

In reality I usually do the same walkaround I do before the flight to put up the chocks and the pitot cover.

Anyway, yes, it would be a nice addition. I take note!

Nice screenshots Rob. I'm thinking of getting this too as it is on sale and I do not have any good small realistic GA aircraft.

Those screens are stunning! I would like to know your RTH settings too!

Would this work for the v35 as well? The v tail is the more interesting of the two versions but seems to have the least interest. 

Eheh...who knows! :wub:

Claudio Nicolotti

http://www.simcoders.com

Ive been using the preflight routine to tie the plane down again after a flight. But I agree, a shutdown and stowing the aircraft check, would be cool.  It would also be nice to do a fuel sample before a flight, check for water in the fuel. That might be a lot of work, but what do I know.

I am having a lot of fun with this addon, as I did with the C210, But I enjoy the F33 even more!

Rob

Awesome pics! Can you share your RTH settings please  :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

For those who asked about my RTH settings, here they are. I am also using MAXXFX and since that also makes a big difference, Im posting those settings too along with my Nvidia settings, since they all play a part. Keep i'm mind, what looks good on my monitor, may not look the same on yours since they all have subtle differences. Also personal preferences are also different, but you can use these as a starting point if your no happy with your current settings. 

RTH

2_zpsarmvsxkj.jpg

MaXXFX

3_zps0lgxoego.jpg

Nvidia

1_zps5s02fxec.jpg

Also, I tried to see if REP for the F33, will work with the V35 and it does. All features, tow, checklists, preflight sounds etc work just fine. The only drawback is, you get a Rudder in between the v-tail.  Kinda looks like the F33 and the V35 had a baby!  But it flies great!

I think the developer might want to make a small optional change to this addon to support the V35 and then be able to sell it to owners of that plane as well. (My 2 cents)

Rob

4_zpst5hww3r9.jpg

5_zps7sx6px3v.jpg

Rob,

Now I don't know an awful lot about v-tails, but surely the flight model changes won't be right?  I would expect that the low speed handling would be off at least?  Either way, would be awesome if SC picked that up and tweaked it to the same standard for the V35 as for the F33, sounds like most things still work other than graphics and the v-tail specific characteristics of the flight model (possibly...).

And thanks for sharing the settings :) Off to tweak now and see if they help.

Cheers,

Jamie

I would think there'd be a fair bit of difference in the flight model as well.  From what I understand, the V-tail was quite a bit less stable in a roll.  However, if the differences are minor, it'd make for good coverage to provide REP for the V35.  I would think the A36 wouldn't be a far stretch either, just need to allow for a slightly higher HP engine.

However, I'd really love REP for the 337...

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

A later (after some left seat time) thought:  I noticed that in order to replace the static elements after a flight, you can't seem to do that from the Carenado menu.  I was only successful in doing so by doing a walk-around again at the end of the flight, toggling the chocks, tie-downs and covers.

Unless I'm missing something, it might be a neat idea to have a post-flight walkaround panel, aimed primarily at correctly stowing the aircraft.

Has there been any thought given to widening the scope of the pre-flight activities?  Draining fuel, checking oil levels, that sort of thing?

I forgot to mention that the walkaround improvements are on the way. :)

Also, I tried to see if REP for the F33, will work with the V35 and it does. All features, tow, checklists, preflight sounds etc work just fine. The only drawback is, you get a Rudder in between the v-tail.  Kinda looks like the F33 and the V35 had a baby!  But it flies great!

I think the developer might want to make a small optional change to this addon to support the V35 and then be able to sell it to owners of that plane as well. (My 2 cents)

Rob

Rob,

Now I don't know an awful lot about v-tails, but surely the flight model changes won't be right?  I would expect that the low speed handling would be off at least?  Either way, would be awesome if SC picked that up and tweaked it to the same standard for the V35 as for the F33, sounds like most things still work other than graphics and the v-tail specific characteristics of the flight model (possibly...).

And thanks for sharing the settings :) Off to tweak now and see if they help.

Cheers,

Jamie

I would think there'd be a fair bit of difference in the flight model as well.  From what I understand, the V-tail was quite a bit less stable in a roll.  However, if the differences are minor, it'd make for good coverage to provide REP for the V35.  I would think the A36 wouldn't be a far stretch either, just need to allow for a slightly higher HP engine.

However, I'd really love REP for the 337...

That's exactly the point. The V-Tail is not just sigthly different from the F33A. They have the same engine and about the same gross weight but they differs for the stability, for the (optional) tip-tanks and for the W&B too. The V35B is more forgiving in its C.G. range.

It may seem a little difference but is not! Keep in mind that a good part of the code of REP is "invisible" and drives the flight model. We'll have to write the code that simulates the "personality" of the V35B. For example, it goes fish-tailing when flying in turbolence, unless you keep a foot on the rudder. Also, the drag model must be reviewed, as well as some minor things like the sounds.

So yes, you can install REP on the V35B but what you get is not really a V35B...just a strange F33A :)

By the way, the update v2.0.3 is now available for the Bonanza: http://www.simcoders.com/2015/12/13/update-v2-0-3-for-the-f33a-is-now-available

Claudio Nicolotti

http://www.simcoders.com