Sign in to follow this  
Guest happy2

undocking the fmc

Guest happy2

Hello

I just got the fmc from opencockpots &

I was wondering if it was posible to undock the fmc from the 737 without the keys etc.

Iwould like to use just the fmc screen .it would be better to resize for use on a second

monitor.

can anyone help please

Thank you very much

Tim

visit www.flightsim4fun.com and go to

how to page

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Guest happy2

Thank you roarkr for the help I really appreciate it. the FMC is now spot on & I cant stop grinning :biggrin:Thank you very much

Tim

Hi,

Glad you got it working OK for you.

Happy simflying

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Guest happy2

hello & happy new year.

i had this working for the first default load But ever since then If I try to start P3Dv3 using the pmdg 737 ngx as a default flight P3Dv3 won't start.  the logo is there and then the progress bar for a second but then it drops to the desktop and nothing happens. if i check in Task Manager I see Prepar3d.exe running.

the only way i can find to get back into the sin is to end task in Task Manager then go to documents / Prepar3D v3 Files & delete the saved files.

I suppose its the complexity of the 737 because the default aircraft work OK this way.

i hope someone comes up with a way to set the pmdg as default aircraft on day.

:sad2:

Tim

i hope someone comes up with a way to set the pmdg as default aircraft on day.

Probably will never happen. The sim platforms do some preload work behind the scenes for default aircraft and this is not compatible with the outside-of-the-box processing that takes place in PMDG products.

Its not a big deal, just save a 'favorite' PMDG flight or scenario and always start the sim at the free flight or scenario set up screen. I don't understand the problem perhaps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest happy2

Hi Dan

thanks for replying . no i didn't think it would ever work. yes I do save flights and that is ok however for some reason the Fmc screen always needs to be resized, not a big deal I know but it would just have been nice not to have to do that every time. it had worked ok with the 737 as the default flight but as we know that has its problems and will never be a viable way to start the sim.

I look on the bright side though because all the other instruments PFD etc all line up perfectly with their monitors I don't have to touch them so happy days.

have a great new year

happy flying

Tim