Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] End-Of-An-Era: End of Life Information 747-400X and MD-11X

I understand. But its still sad to see an end of MD-11. 

I still want to keep hope alive for MD-11....  :Praying:  :Praying:  :Praying:

Bilal Asif Khan

If PMDG really valued their customers they would do it just because it's badly needed. I would even pay full price for it again if that was possible?

Dave,

That is how it is determined whether we care about our customers or not?  Really.  Then I suppose we can just dispense with 24h free tech support, free downloads, high levels of product quality, strong after-release product enhancements, etc etc etc.

All I have to do is give you this one thing?

I shall refrain from saying what I really think of that comment, for it would violate AVSim's terms of service...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi!

MD-11 is still on my new computer with W10.64 and no issues at all.

So, now, it's the end of the commercial story for the MD-11, do you concider to allow people to make some free mod for update cockpit texture??

The MD-11 is a masterpiece, she deserve some free update.

Or are you affraid that an update on the MD-11 will kill your futur sell of "Queen of the sky" ?  :Tounge:

regards

• Upvote 1

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Does the death of the product mean the death of the EULA? I don't have the MD-11, because I use P3D v3.

Evan Hardin

Evan Hardin 

Does the death of the product mean the death of the EULA? I don't have the MD-11, because I use P3D v3.

No.

Kyle Rodgers

Never had the MD11, as in my mind it was an engine short of a full compliment.

These days, the glowing praise for that aircraft speaks for itself. I evidently missed out.

The thousands of hours on the V1 Queen though, over the years.

PMDG,

Thanks a lot for all the efforts and skills you put into your products. The previews are incredible. The PMDG products are the "Premium"  simulation products by far. Really look forward to the date this wonderful bird will be available at your shop.  Had the opportunity to fly the B744 for some hours in a BA full motion simulator at Cranebank training center near Heathrow some years ago. In fact I find the B744 a relatively easy aircraft to handle (hand flying) in good flying conditions, and the view from the cockpit is something special.

J. Stene / Norway

Evan Hardin

Evan,

We have seen this question circulate a few times.  The EULA is controlled by our ownership of the product, not by whether-or-not it is still available for sale or whether-or-not we still offer active support for the product.  We are not abdicating our rights as the creator of the software, we are simply retiring it from sale and support due to age and condition.

That doesn't mean someone has free access to violate our rights, or Boeing's for that matter...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

As there is no further development for MD-11, can we try to install it to P3D?

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I second that question. As a departing gift to us MD-11 owners, please license it for P3D.  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I second that question. As a departing gift to us MD-11 owners, please license it for P3D.  :smile:

Did you two read the exchange literally 2 posts above?

Did you two read the exchange literally 2 posts above?

Literally 2 posts ? You are aware of what the adjective 'literally' implies, yes ? So, literally 2 posts above yours ,or literally 2 posts above mine, or above Fuchy-be's ? And your point would be helpful.

Literally 2 posts ? You are aware of what the adjective 'literally' implies, yes ? So, literally 2 posts above yours ,or literally 2 posts above mine, or above Fuchy-be's ? And your point would be helpful.

Going off of Fuchy-be's. There are two posts between his and robert's answering his question, so yes, literally two posts. My point: Robert's post as well as Kyle's earlier in the thread and explained that the MD-11 cannot be used in P3D, so why ask the same thing 3 hours later when you know what the answer will be? 

Going off of Fuchy-be's. There are two posts between his and robert's answering his question, so yes, literally two posts. My point: Robert's post as well as Kyle's earlier in the thread and explained that the MD-11 cannot be used in P3D, so why ask the same thing 3 hours later when you know what the answer will be? 

In post #38 ( the one you refer to ) RSR responds to this question from Evan: Does the death of the product mean the death of the EULA?

RSR responds:

Evan,

We have seen this question circulate a few times.  The EULA is controlled by our ownership of the product, not by whether-or-not it is still available for sale or whether-or-not we still offer active support for the product.  We are not abdicating our rights as the creator of the software, we are simply retiring it from sale and support due to age and condition.

That doesn't mean someone has free access to violate our rights, or Boeing's for that matter...

Case closed on Evan's question as to whether the EULA expires when the MD-11 is withdrawn from sale.

But my question isn't the same as Evan's. My question is not whether the EULA expires, but whether PMDG could alter the MD-11s EULA to allow its use in P3D. Just to remind you, this is the question I asked...not about EULA expiry, but rather about EULA alteration:

As a departing gift to us MD-11 owners, please license it for P3D.

Emphasis on 'departing gift'.

In post #38 ( the one you refer to ) RSR responds to this question from Evan: Does the death of the product mean the death of the EULA?

RSR responds:

Evan,

Case closed on Evan's question as to whether the EULA expires when the MD-11 is withdrawn from sale.

But my question isn't the same as Evan's. My question is not whether the EULA expires, but whether PMDG could alter the MD-11s EULA to allow its use in P3D. Just to remind you, this is the question I asked...not about EULA expiry, but rather about EULA alteration:

As a departing gift to us MD-11 owners, please license it for P3D.

Emphasis on 'departing gift'.

Well, Fuchy-be was asking if he could install it into P3D, which was answered right above his post. Your question was a bit different, but PMDG has made it abundantly clear in the past that the MD-11 would never be offered for P3D. You could infer from previous posts that they aren't considering doing anything to make the MD-11 compatible with P3D. I guess I should have added a qualifying statement in my OP but I didn't think it was necessary.