Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] A Whole Lotta 747-400 Goodness!

I can already foresee the hours I'll spend choosing between the 777 and 747 for a long haul...

Great job, PMDG team!

• Upvote 2

Looking forward to this.  Did my first long haul in a 747 this year since 1989, and it was as terrific as I remembered.

And seeing the front end of the thing pointing directly into the main lounge at EGCC was simply amazing.  It's an astonishing thing to look at, from a few meters away.

Just need to find a few shorter routes, since time doesn't permit the long 'uns.

Paul Skol

You Really are a true 777 geek Luke. I'm sensing somewhat of a lack of enthusiasm this time round !!

Jimmy,

We told Luke to pretend he has a 777 on each wing... 

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I can't wait for a high quality Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa livery for this...

Note to self: Stop reading these threads and enjoy your 777 .... Must resist waiting for this and becoming miserable... :smile:

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I wonder, if the runway were wide enough, could the A380 have landed at Kai Tak if it were still in use today? Hmmm.

The A380 has the same runway width requirements as the B747 as far as I know. Taxiways on the other hand...

(Here's the source requirements: http://www.aci.aero/aci/aci/file/Technical_Safety/A380%20infrastruture%20reqs%20-%20alternates.doc)

I've seen a real 747 just once, well over 30 years ago.  I was in Denver, westbound on I-70 and there was a big commotion going on the side of the road near the airport (Stapleton at the time, long before DIA).  At first I thought there had been a multi-vehicle pileup, then I saw the reason for the hubbub.  A Pan-Am 747 was taxiing to the runway for takeoff.  There were dozens of people pulled off to the side of the road, most of them taking pictures.  I'm guessing it was one of the few 747 flights out of Denver at that time. 

It was like seeing a luxury liner in a port full of fishing boats as it eclipsed all the other aircraft in sight.  I would have pulled over myself but had a meeting that wouldn't wait.

Given how well PMDG captured the 'bigness' of the 777, I'm sure it will be equally thrilling to take this majestic aircraft into the virtual sky.

• Upvote 1

Richard P. Kelly

I've seen a real 747 just once, well over 30 years ago.  I was in Denver, westbound on I-70 and there was a big commotion going on the side of the road near the airport (Stapleton at the time, long before DIA).  At first I thought there had been a multi-vehicle pileup, then I saw the reason for the hubbub.  A Pan-Am 747 was taxiing to the runway for takeoff.  There were dozens of people pulled off to the side of the road, most of them taking pictures.  I'm guessing it was one of the few 747 flights out of Denver at that time. 

It was like seeing a luxury liner in a port full of fishing boats as it eclipsed all the other aircraft in sight.  I would have pulled over myself but had a meeting that wouldn't wait.

Given how well PMDG captured the 'bigness' of the 777, I'm sure it will be equally thrilling to take this majestic aircraft into the virtual sky.

I've been on a Qantas 747-400 twice. I'll be going back onto one again in October next year for a 2 week holiday with my wife.

And in other news

Quote:
An unusual ad has been placed in one of Malaysia's newspapers. It is appealing for the owner of three abandoned jumbo jets to come forward. The Boeing 747s have been sitting on the tarmac at Kuala Lumpur International airport for more than a year. Bloomberg's Michael Arnold reports on "Trending Business."

And a link to a short video discussion on this subject;
http://finance.yahoo.com/video/airport-advertises-owner-abandoned-747s-042225989.html

You guys didn't lose a couple did you?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Randazzo, 60FPS in the 744 VC! Wow, is that in FSX or P3D! What is your test system specs, I have 6700K at 4.80ghz with a EVGA 980Ti, 16GB DDR4, and SSDs. I don't think I have seen 60FPS yet. This is awesome news. 

Randazzo, 60FPS in the 744 VC! Wow, is that in FSX or P3D! What is your test system specs, I have 6700K at 4.80ghz with a EVGA 980Ti, 16GB DDR4, and SSDs. I don't think I have seen 60FPS yet. This is awesome news. 

Rob stated FSX

Rich Sennett

Rob stated FSX

Also, just in case people haven't picked up on it yet, pay attention to the borders on the photos, and the flash of color at the top of the tail:

• Yellow: FSX
  • Green: P3D
  • Purple: XPL

Kyle Rodgers

Also, just in case people haven't picked up on it yet, pay attention to the borders on the photos, and the flash of color at the top of the tail:

• Yellow: FSX
  • Green: P3D
  • Purple: XPL

Nice  :wink:

Rich Sennett