Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] A Whole Lotta 747-400 Goodness!

Unless for flying traffic pattern, I need to get retired in order to have time to fly this bird in long haul flights

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Thank you for this amazing update Robert !

Each time I see a new 744v2 update here, I feel my blood pressure going up!

What an amazing piece of art. Truely the most iconic longhauler.

The first screenshot you posted of the 74 in its initial climb-out is absolutely timeless. Who has ever witnessed that know what I mean. The deep rumble of an earthquake, the screaming of the 4 engines at TO power, the nose that graciously points towards the sky. Love it.

(You lucky Beta team... :tongue: )

#thequeenisback

I just want a UPS livery freighter version :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Thank you for the update Robert! The shots look amazing. Massive respect to the team involved. I can't fathom how you keep creating more and more detailed products with ever better performance numbers. You're all basically wizards to me.

Have you heard back from LM concerning their updates for P3D to help compatibility? Just hoping our version isn't too far behind the FSX product. I'm perfectly content to wait it out, but if it's only a problem with P3DV3, my install of V2.4 anxiously awaits!

Weather Radar WX ???? thx

Since it's already in the 777 then it is logical it would be in the 744

David Porrett

Since it's already in the 777 then it is logical it would be in the 744

I don't want to have to buy a weather addon program to make weather radar work, so can it please be incorporated into the 747V2.0?

I don't want to have to buy a weather addon program to make weather radar work, so can it please be incorporated into the 747V2.0?

FSX doesn't provide the data you'd need to make a realistic weather radar, so, no. This has been made clear several times over the past years.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

FSX doesn't provide the data you'd need to make a realistic weather radar, so, no. This has been made clear several times over the past years.

Can't PMDG add that product to its 747 V2.0 at a discounted price (to be negotiated between the two developers) and add it on to the final cost? For example, if the final sale cost for the 747 V2.0 is decided on being $50 and the weather radar addon is normally $50 but can be added to the 747 V2.0 for $35, then the sale price of the 747 V2.0 would be $85. Seems like a win-win for everyone. PMDG gets a top-notch product out there with a great, accurate simulation of weather radar and the people that developed the weather radar get a steady stream of income from sales of the 747 V2.0 for as long as it's sold. Support for the weather radar could be provided simply by showing proof of purchase of the 747 V2.0 to the weather radar developer. It would be a great way to co-operate on a big project. Easy!

I do hope one day the VAS reduction techniques on this new 747 will be a future patch for the existing 777.

Looking forward to buying Queen of the Skies II

Regards

Ken

• Upvote 1

You guys at PMDG are taking entirely too long to get these models out. Wasn't the 747 v2 supposed to be relased almost a year ago?

Since they don't forecast releases you would need to provide a link from a PMDG team member making such a statement. You notice no release info was mentioned in this post?

Richie Walsh

Goshdarnit, I swore I was not going to buy this product,and now look, grrrr  :Frustrated:

Jude!

You did WHAT?!  :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Can't PMDG add that product to its 747 V2.0 at a discounted price (to be negotiated between the two developers) and add it on to the final cost? For example, if the final sale cost for the 747 V2.0 is decided on being $50 and the weather radar addon is normally $50 but can be added to the 747 V2.0 for $35, then the sale price of the 747 V2.0 would be $85. Seems like a win-win for everyone. PMDG gets a top-notch product out there with a great, accurate simulation of weather radar and the people that developed the weather radar get a steady stream of income from sales of the 747 V2.0 for as long as it's sold. Support for the weather radar could be provided simply by showing proof of purchase of the 747 V2.0 to the weather radar developer. It would be a great way to co-operate on a big project. Easy!

Matthew,

The radar functionality is ours.  What it needs as data on precipitation, and that is fed to us by the good folks at ASN (and soon, others) because FSX doesn't provide that data on it's own.

You can use the radar all you like in it's current iteration.  It won't show you anything, because there is no data out there.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Matthew,

The radar functionality is ours.  What it needs as data on precipitation, and that is fed to us by the good folks at ASN (and soon, others) because FSX doesn't provide that data on it's own.

You can use the radar all you like in it's current iteration.  It won't show you anything, because there is no data out there.

Thanks for the explanation, Robert. Would it be difficult for PMDG programmers to create the code for data necessary to simulate precipitation and include it in the 747 V2.0 or future products?