Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] A Whole Lotta 747-400 Goodness!

You Really are a true 777 geek Luke. I'm sensing somewhat of a lack of enthusiasm this time round !!

Hahaha I still adore the thing and enjoy flying it like it's the first time, every time! Shoutout to the people on here that told me I'd be bored after five minutes  :dance:

It's all right...his name might suddenly go missing from the Beta lists because of it  :P

(Kidding, of course)

But but but but but who will bring the pizza?!!!?  :Shame On You:

Jimmy,

We told Luke to pretend he has a 777 on each wing... 

I've literally started the fantasizing... on a serious note: this looks INCREDIBLE. I cannot wait to see it up and running in the sim! The 747's overhead is a favourite of mine. So many buttons to press. So many. 

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the explanation, Robert. Would it be difficult for PMDG programmers to create the code for data necessary to simulate precipitation and include it in the 747 V2.0 or future products?

Uhm... why would they? The technology already exists...

Makes no sense, to 're-invent the wheel' - so to speak... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The 747's overhead is a favourite of mine. So many buttons to press. So many. 

I still remember the first time I saw the 777 overhead after having flown the 737 and TU-134 for a long time - like "Uhm, is this it?"   

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the explanation, Robert. Would it be difficult for PMDG programmers to create the code for data necessary to simulate precipitation and include it in the 747 V2.0 or future products?

Matthew,

I think you're missing the point here. We don't make weather programs. We make functions that read weather data (where that data is available). In a similar way, Collins doesn't make the weather; they have a product that reads the weather. If you go to that link, you'll see that the image displays a 2D depiction in the foreground, but if you look carefully at the towering cumulus cloud in the background, you'll see that there is 3D data there.

In the sim, at its default, there are an abundance of issues, which I'll summarize as a lack of cloud and actual precipitation data: it's not there like you think it would be. Even if you do pull the position of a cloud, you cannot tell if the cloud contains precipitation, and you don't know the actual dimensions of the cloud to even try to approximate that.

In order to get that, you need to use a 3rd party add-on. End.

There are products out there in the market that try to make various approximations about the weather to present on the screen, but with that kind of approximation you can fly into a red cell and back out, unfazed, without a drop of water hitting your aircraft. This is impossible in the real world - reflected data means actual precip - which really renders the idea of a function like that pointless. Weather radar needs to be a tactical decision aid that should only indicate you should go around an issue only where an issue actually exists. So far, only add-on weather programs can offer this kind of data.

If you want weather radar you're going to have to get a program that provides the type of data necessary for one. Other developers have spent a lot of time coming up with ways to get the sim to look exactly like the data they're providing for radar functionality. They know the ways of getting the sim to do what needs to be done to make that happen.

To be honest, if you're buying realistic, study-sim-type aircraft, then you should really be using a realistic weather add-on as well.

haha - Domino's?

I think someone needs to paint you a pizza-themed livery...

I still remember the first time I saw the 777 overhead after having flown the 737 and TU-134 for a long time - like "Uhm, is this it?"   

I thought that more with the 777, but I'm with you. The 747 has quite a few to get at, but I think it's organized a lot better.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Yeee haaaaa!  I'll be flying this beauty before Christmas (Christmas of 2016 that is :smile:)

Hahaha I still adore the thing and enjoy flying it like it's the first time, every time! Shoutout to the people on here that told

I've literally started the fantasizing... on a serious note: this looks INCREDIBLE. I cannot wait to see it up and running in the sim! The 747's overhead is a favourite of mine. So many buttons to press. So many.

Hey Luke when did you get qualified to fly planes with 4 engines B)

• Upvote 1

Chris Sunseri

Jude!

You did WHAT?!  :ph34r:

LOL, not to worry, there will be money spent on this baby,P3D is calling out for some more heavy iron :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Just get ASN. That thing is worth every penny.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Oh my word this is looking fantastic!! I will be a day one buyer when this beauty is released  :smile:

Hahaha I still adore the thing and enjoy flying it like it's the first time, every time! Shoutout to the people on here that told me I'd be bored after five minutes  :dance:

I agree with you about 747 overhead. I even miss the stereos and remote controls from the 80's. It was not so much about how good the product was, it was about how many buttons it had :)

• Upvote 1

haha - Domino's?

I think someone needs to paint you a pizza-themed livery...

Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa J'sssssssss.... I'm there.

Oh my god plan. A speedbird 300? G-STBP(izza)  :wink:

Yeee haaaaa!  I'll be flying this beauty before Christmas (Christmas of 2016 that is :smile:)

Hey Luke when did you get qualified to fly planes with 4 engines B)

I'm not but but but shhhhhhhh  :Whistle:

Oh dear, this is a little annoying.  I wasn't really thinking of buying this at all.  But now I'm interested I think ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I am looking forward to worshipping the Queen when she ascends her throne. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

still remember the day my grandfather took me close(extremely close!!) to one of these beauties.Lets just say I wasn't standing in a pool of hydraulic fluid after a while :ph34r: .(It was a traumatic experience.Especially because the pilots were starting up the engines)

Kidding of course.

That day I decided I would become a pilot and fly the queen one day.Can't wait to fly this aircraft.(release on my birthday?? :Big Grin: )

You've done it again PMDG.

P.S: Luke..your're real lucky to be on the beta team for this one.I envy you!

All the best :good:

Hello Rob,

thank you for the update.  it's looking very nice indeed!

will the rotation of the stabilizers in accordance to adjustment of trim settings be modeled this time around?

I was disappointed to find that this was omitted previously.

I'm looking forward to the new Queen of the Skies.

best regards,

peter belbin.