Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] A Whole Lotta 747-400 Goodness!

I hope PMDG will include a Singapore Airlines livery, even if it's just a cargo one  - SIA once upgraded me to first class on a 747 from Singapore to London and they will forever be my favourite airline. The model looks superb, both inside and out. A big thank you and 'well done' to all involved in building it. :smile:

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I know, "it's done when it's done" (I am a software developer too), but is there a hint at the release roadmap?

Do we speak about weeks or months until release?

Sorry, can't wait for it  :wink:

It is not even in beta yet so my guess is next year at this time for release. Their DC6 has been in beta for months now so will this be when let loose to the beta team. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

It is not even in beta yet so my guess is next year at this time for release. Their DC6 has been in beta for months now so will this be when let loose to the beta team. 

Different development teams, different beta teams (predominantly), and - most importantly - different design schedules. We've been quite clear about the fact that the DC-6 will take a lot more time than our FSX releases, as the whole point of the DC-6 is to learn how to develop for X-Plane, which is a new platform for us.

I hope PMDG will include a Singapore Airlines livery, even if it's just a cargo one  - SIA once upgraded me to first class on a 747 from Singapore to London and they will forever be my favourite airline. The model looks superb, both inside and out. A big thank you and 'well done' to all involved in building it. :smile:

We usually cover most of the major operators out there. In the case of the 777-200LR/F, we went beyond the actual operators, too, since it isn't as widely used. The 300ER covers just about all operators who have more than a handful (even TAAG is covered, and they only have 2). Looking back at the old version of the 747-400, SIA is actually covered twice.

Kyle Rodgers

We usually cover most of the major operators out there. In the case of the 777-200LR/F, we went beyond the actual operators, too, since it isn't as widely used. The 300ER covers just about all operators who have more than a handful (even TAAG is covered, and they only have 2). Looking back at the old version of the 747-400, SIA is actually covered twice.

And there is always the possibility that some painter out there will cover a livery that is not in the release package.  I've seen it happen before!  :Whistle:

Personally, I can't wait to port all my fictional 777 freighter paints over to their real, big sister counterparts.  :smile2:  And of course fly them to all corners of the globe!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thank you, Kyle. :smile:

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Are you planning on releasing this as a free update like you did the NGX, or as you have put so much work in re-doing the entire craft, will you charge as a separate product?

Need to know what I should save my Christmas money up for :)

Are you planning on releasing this as a free update like you did the NGX, or as you have put so much work in re-doing the entire craft, will you charge as a separate product?

The NGX update was an update to the NGX. Those who had purchased the FS9 version ages before the NGX came out had to purchase the NGX as it was a complete ground-up build. Same thing here with the 744.

Kyle Rodgers

Merry Christmas;)

Any new previews of the -8 or the sound of The Queen?

Hopefully a release in near future;)

Greetings from Germany

Any new news?

Its after Christmas already and christmas Holidays are half way over;(

Greetings from Germany

I imagine if there was any news, they would pass it on. Having been around here for a while, requests for info are usually fruitless.

David Porrett

Anxiously waiting for this update. I can almost imagine the PMDG servers being worked extremely hard on launch date :dance:

One thing I will like to see with the 747v2 is engine and wheel well fires visually modeled and fire handles which light up, annunciations and all. A cross between random failures like modelled in the old Aerowinx PS747 with applicable visuals on the PMDG will take the Queen to the next level of simulation.

Seeing bits fall off (like an engine or tail piece) as some suggested might be asking a bit too much though.

Regards,

C Orags, DNMM

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgBanner_MJC11.png

Oh boy am I getting desperate for a 'decent' 747!!!!  Its always been my favorite aircraft ever.

So much so, that I recently gave in and purchased a certain 'other' one out there. It lasted less than a week before I uninstalled it;-)

Sooooooo looking forward to the PMDG747 ;-)

Oh boy am I getting desperate for a 'decent' 747!!!!  Its always been my favorite aircraft ever.

IF you do not have the 777 you may want to get that... I too am a big 747 (PMDG) fan and I do not want to sit here biting my nails with anxiety... and the 777 really helps! LOL :) Actually the 777 is awesome! I love  it... 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

So much so, that I recently gave in and purchased a certain 'other' one out there. It lasted less than a week before I uninstalled it;-)

Sooooooo looking forward to the PMDG747 ;-)

Same thing here but I only had if a few days before asking for a refund. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png