Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09DEC15] A Whole Lotta 747-400 Goodness!

IF you do not have the 777 you may want to get that... I too am a big 747 (PMDG) fan and I do not want to sit here biting my nails with anxiety... and the 777 really helps! LOL :) Actually the 777 is awesome! I love  it... 

Hi Manny

I have the T7 for FSX, but I can't bring myself to reistall FSX (i use P3D). And although I was happy enough to buy the NGX again for P3D, the use I'd get from the T7 is limited. Fantastic as the PMDG T7 is, it just doesn't quite give me what i get from the magnificent 747!  For me, there is just'something' about the majestic 747 that nothing else captures. I don't even like the A380.

Eagerly awaiting the release.

If this was covered in a previous update, I apologise, but presumably the 747-800 has a significantly different flight-deck to the -400.  Will this be modelled in the release, or will the -800 purely be a visual model.

If this was covered in a previous update, I apologise, but presumably the 747-800 has a significantly different flight-deck to the -400.  Will this be modelled in the release, or will the -800 purely be a visual model.

We're not modelling an 800 at all...

The 8? Yeah. We're modelling that  :P

It will be a full version, to include the performance data and so on. You can see the (visual - kinda hard to show pictures of non-visual things) differences between the 400 and 8 here (particularly the VC): http://www.avsim.com/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/

Kyle Rodgers

We're not modelling an 800 at all...

The 8? Yeah. We're modelling that  :P

It will be a full version, to include the performance data and so on. You can see the (visual - kinda hard to show pictures of non-visual things) differences between the 400 and 8 here (particularly the VC): http://www.avsim.com/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/

Ahh that's excellent.  Thanks Kyle.

I am hoping you have worked it out that changing from the 400 to the 8i does not involved exiting and changing the configuration file, then lading the new aircraft. That's a little annoying though I understand it's a necessary evil when this aircraft was developed.

I am sooooo looking forward to take off in the -8 from TNCM and fly it to Amsterdam / Munich / Dubai...

Any news on the release date yet?

• Upvote 1

I am hoping you have worked it out that changing from the 400 to the 8i does not involved exiting and changing the configuration file, then lading the new aircraft. That's a little annoying though I understand it's a necessary evil when this aircraft was developed.

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

It was necessary because the old version was simply an extra model applied to your existing 747-400, utilizing the 747-400's functions (aircraft.cfg, .air file, and so on). This version of the -8 is a whole aircraft.

Any news on the release date yet?

We don't provide release dates.

Kyle Rodgers

We don't provide release dates.

The IT classic: It's done when it's done  :Tounge:

has anyone looked on the pmdg webstore and seen the new 747 apparently costs $228,000,000 is this even accurate

nothing  unusual here,  as  it  always the case  when they about to release  a new  aircraft

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg