Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

California - North Coast - Redwoods and Wine Country

California - North Coast - Redwoods and Wine Country  

Starting from Ells-Willits (O28) the route proceeds south to Boonville (D83). The route then turns towards the Pacific coast where we will visit three airstrips in quick succession.   To keep things moving, once we reach Redwoods (53CL) pilots should immediately taxi and depart to the next airfield after landing or just perform a touch and go.  Traffic calls for short final and take-offs will facilitate this process.  This expedited arrival and departure process should be done at Redwoods (53CL), Ocean Ridge (E55) and Sea Ranch (CA51).  Pilots should listen for traffic announcements so they can sequence in and out safely.  Departing Sea Ranch (CA51), participating pilots should perform a full stop landing at Cloverdale (O60) where we will wait until all aircraft have safely arrived before proceeding on to Lampson Field (1O2) near Clear Lake.   Departing from Lampson Field we head east and south almost 40nm to the G3 ranch (63CL) on the edge of the Sacramento valley.   Then on to Angwin-Parrett Field (2O3) located on top of a ridge of the Mayacamas Mountains above St Helena.   Flying west across Napa Valley we arrive at our penultimate stop Charles Shulz-Sonoma County Airport (KSTS).   The final leg takes us down the Sonoma valley to Napa County Aiport (KAPC)

Most of  the fields have hard surfaces and the final three  have some  lighting.  The Cessna 182 Skylane, Piper Commanche, Beech Bonanza, would all be good choices for this tour.  Fly whatever you please.

post-116318-0-44715400-1449703095.jpg

FSX flight Plan is here

Skyvector Plan is here

Recommended scenery: 

Orbx FTX Northern California (NCA) Regional Scenery

Optional  Orbx Payware Airports

Orbx Charles Shulz – Sonoma County (KSTS)

Date and time: Saturday 12th December, 1900 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron: Set Server Local Time to 13:58:43  (does not have to be precise, round to nearest attosecond)

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

We are flying through "Peanuts" author Charles Schulz's home field at Santa Rosa. This is a compelling reason to fly this Ryan Navion (by the LDR team). The 1950 aircraft, now based in Texas, is said to have been owned by Charles Schulz himself. (Schulz was not a pilot but both his wife and son were avid pilots.) The period atmospheric N30CB colors, with the appropriate "Snoopy" nose art, are splendidly portrayed by Ron Attwood. (Note our favorite Sopwith Camel ace on the nose.)

CS_KCTS_Snoopy2.jpg

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Note to Ron: Set Server Local Time to 13:58:43  (does not have to be precise, round to nearest attosecond)

That's a tough one, but I'll do my best.

I have rediscovered this 'alte Herr'

ch_bf108_26.jpg

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Please God, make the weather nicer tomorrow,  than it has been for the last couple of days.

Will be there guys.. But ~ 30 to 60 minutes late. It's those darn snow tires (Ron = intermediate rains) on a car driving in "fiddy" degree weather! ( :dance:  )  Will have the mice running in their caged wheels ( my pc ) prior, so just a few clicks...... This one is non-negotiable.  

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

We may be in luck, Ron.  Monterey forecast is for sunny and mild, so north of us (the wine country) should be similar.

On another note:  Dropping the PROXY_Messerschmidt Bf 108 folder into the ...\simobjects\airplanes folder should work in order to see DIOIO tomorrow, correct?  Or is there more to the "installation" than that?

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Stew. Yes, that should work. (The small footprint is achieved by aliasing to the default Mooney's panel and sound. If you have not deleted the default Mooney you are good to go. If you have deleted the default Mooney, then you'll need to alias the panel and sound to something that you do have installed.)

--M

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Thanks, Mike.  Looks we're good to go for tomorrow then--I still have the default Mooney installed.  That Bf108 sure is a nice looking airplane, btw.

Stew

.... That Bf108 sure is a nice looking airplane, btw.

I bought this some time ago when we used it on a flight. Sadly, I flew it in 'Just fly' mode and didn't really get to know it. When the flight was over I didn't bother with it again.

I was reminded of it by Chunk on the A2A forum who thanked me for the revised prop animation.This time round I'm using 'Real mode' and it is very absorbing plane to fly. Gotta keep the prop pitch adjusted or you'll 'splode!

That's terrific, Roman.  She's not only pretty, but a *pretty* good guitarest!

Well, be careful today, Ron, in the old girl.  Would hate to have you disappear on us mid-flight!

Stew

Looks like good flying weather for us today:  WX at KSTS 1554Z:  Visibility 10+SM, Pressure 30.12, No precipitation.  Moderate winds up to 9000ft.

Stew

A quick check in.  I can't make this flight.  I have some demanding but nice grand daughters running through the house.  A wife sleeping after night shift.  Argg.

Haven't flown in some time.

cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

So.  Some hours later.  One power outage.  Wouldn't have been flying anyway hope my computer survived the power surges OK.

Oh, but I do have bunch of scissors made snow flakes .... hand crafts in the dark.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3